PDA

View Full Version : Grass too long and wet

Tex0219
06-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Okay y'all, I'm looking to you professionals. As y'all may know I am a one man band right now. I started my business in Feb and only have 7 accounts. However, I have this one lawn that is kicking my a@@.

I cut it every 7 days. When I get there it is 4-5 inches long . . . and wet. I have already talked to the homeowner about over watering. That is not the problem. They have an aerobic septic that comes on whenever the tanks get full. Ater I mow it looks like our ranch after we get done knocking down the forage for hay.

HELP. Anybody run into this challenge before. I think I'm going to ask them if I can mow it more often but I'm afraid they are going to say they can't afford it. Plus they want it newly mowed just before the weekend as they do a lot of entertaining.

racerdude711
06-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Raise the deck on your mower almost all the way up. Should make the grass grow slower, and will definetly help the overall look of the lawn, especially after it is cut. The shorter you cut it, the faster it seems to grow. Also, if you cut it higher, the grass clippings will be able to fall down into the grass instead of when you cut it short, the grass clippings stay on top of the grass.

swstout
06-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Okay y'all, I'm looking to you professionals. As y'all may know I am a one man band right now. I started my business in Feb and only have 7 accounts. However, I have this one lawn that is kicking my a@@.

I cut it every 7 days. When I get there it is 4-5 inches long . . . and wet. I have already talked to the homeowner about over watering. That is not the problem. They have an aerobic septic that comes on whenever the tanks get full. Ater I mow it looks like our ranch after we get done knocking down the forage for hay.

HELP. Anybody run into this challenge before. I think I'm going to ask them if I can mow it more often but I'm afraid they are going to say they can't afford it. Plus they want it newly mowed just before the weekend as they do a lot of entertaining.

Try Aerify (http://www.natureslawn.com). It might allow the lawn to drain more quickly. Adding the bio-enhanced dethatcher and mowing with a mulching blade at 2*1/2 inch should help also.

Steve