PDA

View Full Version : Fired Worker - Lost business

CHEESE2009
06-02-2010, 02:08 AM
I fired my wonderful garden weeder tonight by text message. I have just about had it with everyone.

Last year she banged out gardens with impressive efficiency, this year... (insert every swear in the book) you know...

Anyway, it's hard enough to get her arse on a damn job. She doesn't follow her f'ing schedule & puts work off till the last minute... Well, I'm thousands of dollars behind!

I trusted her, but like all slackers... She's gotta go!

Not only was it hard to get her on a job - if the job is going to take two days.... She will go back to the job weeks later to finish it off.

So firing her properly is NOT the problem. Writing a letter to my customers IS the problem.

I can't write one out right now without trash talking my garden weeder. I'm so fed up.

I paid her in advance for work (trying to shock some enthusiasm into her dead self), I bought her an IPod thing for $200.00 just because she wanted one to listen to her stupid music while working... What does she do for me? Slacks off... Burn in hell lady!

I love it, she thought she'd be with the company forever & that It'd carry her through life... Think again. She thought she had it good with me, buddy buddy... YA! Until you screw me out of my money & become a freeloader out of my pocket!

The company works for me - you work for the company... I think she forgot that.

She was the best worker out of all, but as I've said in every post this year (lol) I have no patience anymore. Work for your bread or starve.

I'm growing horns & can't figure out how to stop my eyes from glowing red... jks... What a season, eh?

Steve
06-03-2010, 01:39 AM
When you sit back and think of this situation, do you find there would have been any better ways to get her motivated to do the job or did she simply lose interest in it?

As you move forwards from this, do you feel you will be doing anything differently with future employees? Or what is your view?

CHEESE2009
06-04-2010, 02:57 PM
When you sit back and think of this situation, do you find there would have been any better ways to get her motivated to do the job or did she simply lose interest in it?

As you move forwards from this, do you feel you will be doing anything differently with future employees? Or what is your view?

I'm going to yell a lot more - i think that might work. lol

suggestions are welcome!

I wish I could whip them while wearing a cowboy hat... :(

Fluster33
06-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Scott, I carried my best friend for 4 years. I took care of him, gave him almost $100K in a period of 3 years. Finally, I had enough. And now even though I miss having him on my crew, I am saving tons of money. I have more work than I want but more people came to me after I let him go. So look on the bright side and you will probably do better now than before.

Ryan

Steve
06-05-2010, 03:12 AM
I carried my best friend for 4 years. I took care of him, gave him almost $100K in a period of 3 years. Finally, I had enough.

What did it take to finally push to get rid of him? Why do you feel you kept him for so long? Did you hope he would change or were you thinking you would feel bad if you let him go?

How would you have handled it differently if you knew then what you know now?