PDA

View Full Version : Deck Change?

mr. phil
05-30-2010, 11:56 PM
One simple noob question... Can a consumer cutting deck be changed out for a commercial deck? I have a toro timecutter and it looks like I might need a new deck soon and I was just wondering if this could be done.

mr. phil
05-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Ok... There's been 26 views of this tread and no responses? I'm the type of person that likes to ask questions, weather one may feel like it's dumb are not. I believe no question is a dumb question but one not asked!

SuperiorPower
05-31-2010, 10:17 PM
Phil,

Sorry I have not been here to answer your question sooner. But.....

Typically, that is not possible. Plus, I am not sure that it would be a good idea to install a commercial grade deck on cheapo mower.

I would say the best option for you would be to go to the dealer and ask them if there are any other deck options. Sometimes the manufacturer will have 2 options for decks, one being the lighter, cheaper one they install from the factory to be able to sell it cheaper, and the other the better, more expensive one that they sell for the serious user. With that said, they probably don't make a commercial deck for a consumer mower. It would not be practical to sell you a deck that will far outlast the rest of the machine.

Good luck,
Eli

mr. phil
06-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks for your honest opinion! I was looking at swaping a deck with a Toro Timecutter 16-44. I currently have a Toro Timecutter 16-42. The 16-44 deck just looks more commercial grade then my 16-42.

Steve
06-01-2010, 03:02 AM
Would this switch ultimately be for looks or is there a function you feel the new deck would perform better?

mr. phil
06-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Would this switch ultimately be for looks or is there a function you feel the new deck would perform better?

It looks like the deck on the 16-44 is more toward a commercial deck rather than the 16-42.