PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

poormansplato
05-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi folks I am new to this forum, I have a small lawn care business.
I have one property which is a real drain on me now, it is a neighbor.
I am a good guy and I will not "drop" this one. I weed-eat a small incline about 500 feet long about 6 feet high and has a fence at the top, which runs the entire length. I cant reach more than half way up, and the fence prevents me from walking the top and reaching down. I looked for an extension for a strait-shaft weed eater and can't find one! They make extensions for pruning attachments and those will not work.
Any suggestions?( other than letting it go.):confused:

Steve
05-30-2010, 09:21 PM
I'd really like to see a picture of this, for some reason I am having a hard time visualizing the area in my head.

jgdhandyman
06-01-2010, 07:03 PM
hey there poorman, i had a property with an incline like that at 1 time it was 100' long but only 7-9' high at about a 55-65deg incline. I couldn't walk up it or get it from the top due to a chain link fence. i was fortunate enough that it was not a 100% lawn, so i took a shovel and every 10-12 feet took a scoop out of the hill half way up making a flat foot spot,so i could reach the top half of the hill. It didnt look bad due to small area and after 1 year it grew in with grass making it invisable. it look good as well as it was functional. hope this can help. James of JGD Handyman