PDA

View Full Version : New TV show idea

Steve
08-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Okay, here is an idea we have been kicking around for a while. The show is called "Gopher-Haul." The show is kinda like the Overhaul show and Pimp My Ride show. The goal is to interview LCOs and then learn how we can help them grow. With the design of marketing material and business advise. I would love to have Joel LaRusic and Tony from AMW-Graphics help us in the future.

I think it would be so cool to be able to have an interview done with an LCO and then give them a lot of free goodies. Possibly have Tony from AMW help us 'pimp their truck and trailer.' Have Joel offer business advise.

I would also like to see some other of our buddies who take part in our forum take part in the show. Maybe we could get Troy or Kurt, Anthony or Howard help host the show?

Maybe we could get RitchieM help make a website for the LCO or maybe others could get involved somehow.

I couldn't figure out a better way to kind of show what this would all be about without putting together a basic concept first. I had a bunch of material of Troy so I thought it would be easiest to put a sample episode together with you first.

Please let me know what you think of this and the idea.

Do you think we could do more of them?

Would it be interesting enough to watch?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iS0-moVNrTs"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iS0-moVNrTs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Here is the direct link if you want to email it to anyone or post it somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS0-moVNrTs

UnitedEnvironment.com
08-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Im shocked that I didnt think of this, Our team discussed a show like a pimp your mower type of thing, where we would have a small engine shop alter mowers and pimp them out so to speak. This is original. However, Im gonna be brutally honest, extremely dry. I know above all that making a landscape oriented show entertaining is nearly impossible, and we fell flat many times with some of our episodes of the Landscaper. Which, I will have some photos of our new display going in stores in september on tuesday for you, real cool stuff. Anyway, as I was saying, this is a real tough nut to crack, I think you have a great concept, but it needs to stick. I wouldnt go off into the story and such of the landscaper, keep that brief, i mean 30 seconds brief. Give us the conflict. Why does this company need this, and get right to business. Lets see what hes sporting before, and lets see the process of bringing it to life. Not just the result, but the making of the ar-
oh, just call me!

tiedeman
08-18-2006, 11:01 PM
THAT IS SWEET!!!!!

Steve
08-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Quote[/b] ] I wouldnt go off into the story and such of the landscaper, keep that brief, i mean 30 seconds brief.

I agree with you on this. The interview part could be a lot quicker.

Quote[/b] ]Give us the conflict.
What kind of conflict can you think of that would work? Maybe that the lco shows us their current marketing material and what their business problems are and then we help solve them?

Quote[/b] ]Lets see what hes sporting before, and lets see the process of bringing it to life. Not just the result, but the making
I totally agree. I think if Tony from AMW likes this we could get him and his company more involved. It would be a lot better showing a before then after. Also show the steps to getting there.

UnitedEnvironment.com
08-19-2006, 08:32 PM
well, thats just it, this show, should be hosted and centered around a graphic design business. One that primarily works with LCO's, Maybe we should all start one. You have the templates for advertisement stuff and websites, We just need a graphic design business to get involved.
Have you ever seen miami ink. Somethin, like that, lco comes in, states what he is looking for. The artist makes suggestions. We see what lco has currently, he gives us a brief story of who he is and why this will help him, and then the rest of the show is about creating the designs. Coming up with logos, and slogans, and signs, and shirts, etc.
Then of course, the end result.

AMW Graphics
08-20-2006, 08:08 AM
I like it, let me know what we can do to help!

Howard Roark
08-22-2006, 04:59 PM
This is very creative! I like it a lot.

I'm curious, other than the website it's on, will it be shown anywhere else?

I'd be happy to participate...I used to radio and TV spots for a company used to work for. Although most say I have a face for radio.... http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

I may even submit my company if possible. I really did put all the business elements together very quickly. They're ok, but not near what I'm looking for.

Also, Gopher I need to contact you regarding another matter of a project I'm working on currently. What is a good email to send you some info?

Thanks.

Steve
08-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Quote[/b] ]I'm curious, other than the website it's on, will it be shown anywhere else?
Well the beauty of this would be that it is a webcast. It can be linked to from anywhere and can be streamed to view.