PDA

View Full Version : Need help estimating 1st bid

Matthew1
05-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I am bidding for the 1st time on lawn maintanance. Two different locations for the same company. 1 location is approx 3 acres the other is 1 acre. How should I bid this.

JP Landscaping
05-28-2010, 03:10 PM
how fast can you mow?

In other words, how many acres per hour are your machines capable of mowing? when you figure that out you can charge your hourly rate. If you are using z-turns or lawn tractors, a safe number is $1 per minute.

Then figure out how fast you can trim or how long you think it will take you to do all the trimming. charge $1 per minute also.

hope it helps

gonecountry
05-28-2010, 05:27 PM
If it is one acre I usually do sixty dollars depending how much trimming was involved. For three acres I usually do about 35-40 dollars per acre.

Norcal
05-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Take however many residential accounts you have say you have 10 accounts on those 10 you make $850 a month now divide that by $850 by 10 that is an average of $85 bucks an account how many residential accounts can you do in the time that it takes you to do the three acers or even the one I usually figure an hour an acre with trimming I use a john deer La110 no bags just side spit on two acers I am usually on that property for 2hours30 min average not including drive time (there is a lot of trimming ) on this one also it is a temp account untill it sells she wants it maintained so who knows how long I will have it I have to book new Accounts around this job no big deal but in the bottom line is how many steady loyal customers could you have done in that time I know all work and every account is good and never say no to money but remember bigger jobs = bigger equipment plus higher opperating cost and maintenance. Don't cut yourself short it should add up to as many residential account that you could do in that time on your account average

Unless you need the money and already have the equipment use your best judgement only you know your bottom line

hope this is usefull
Mac Leonards Lawn Maint.

B-2 Lawncare
05-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Hay man i use the estimator and add 30 to 40 buck to it. i take of the post office and it has a lawn that is about an acre. I charge 105 a time just because of the amount of trimming. It will also depend on the area were you are at, and i would charge as much as you can seeing as it is only temporary. Where are you at?

Norcal
05-31-2010, 10:59 PM
I am in Yuba City. I actually got another account just from being on that job same case though just as long as its on the market or till it turns brown thank god for the long rain season very odd for us this time of year.