PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Chachi
05-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Name is Chris decided to start my own company because I wanted to be my own boss and it has really paid off. Still work my other job for now.

Edit: And I love this forum it is so helpful for people starting out in the biz.

Steve
05-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing so far to promote your business?

Chachi
05-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing so far to promote your business?

Newspaper ads. And word of mouth. Sadly the better news mags around my area are 500$+ a month for an ad.

Steve
06-01-2010, 01:48 AM
I bet there are a lot of cheaper alternatives. Have you gotten some business cards printed up? The more you hand out the better.

Chachi
06-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I bet there are a lot of cheaper alternatives. Have you gotten some business cards printed up? The more you hand out the better.

Yes I have given out loads as well as got some yard signs. For being in business for 1 month and working a full time job as well I'd say it is going great. I did have a partner however he backed out already. Too much work I guess lol.

Steve
06-02-2010, 12:23 AM
How do you feel now about the business going it alone versus having a partner?

Chachi
06-02-2010, 06:36 AM
How do you feel now about the business going it alone versus having a partner?

Well more $ in my pocket as well as into the business however we could do more yards.

Steve
06-03-2010, 01:47 AM
What about the motivation factor? Do you find you are more motivated with a partner or without one?

Chachi
06-03-2010, 09:37 PM
What about the motivation factor? Do you find you are more motivated with a partner or without one?

Well it was different type for both.

partner = more yards a day

Myself = more money for myself :D

I'd rather have a partner and for how quick the biz is taking off I need to find someone else. Another thing I have noticed is that all my current customers except my dad cause he doesn't care request there yards push mowed. So unless I get a nice size commercial account I am not sure I want to purchase a big mower.

Steve
06-04-2010, 04:50 AM
Keep us posted on how all this goes as you grow this season.