PDA

View Full Version : Leave Vac Advice

Chachi
05-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Anyone use Leaf vac's such as the Dr Leaf Vac? I am just trying to figure out which one is best to get for my business.

Thanks,
Chach

picframer
05-28-2010, 03:32 AM
I have two of the commercial tow units, one attached to our Deere X749, the other an X500. They work excellent and no complaints.

I believe Justin from here on the forum has the walk behind unit.

justin_time
05-28-2010, 07:03 AM
I have two of the commercial tow units, one attached to our Deere X749, the other an X500. They work excellent and no complaints.

I believe Justin from here on the forum has the walk behind unit.

I do have a walk behind unit, but it's the Bear Cat model, not the DR brand.

Chachi
05-28-2010, 07:48 AM
I do have a walk behind unit, but it's the Bear Cat model, not the DR brand.

Which model do you have and is it a pain or does it do the job great?

ppadavana
05-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Is the Bear Cat and the DR the same machine with just different names? If so, who really makes it? Any feedback on performance on both would be great.

justin_time
05-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Which model do you have and is it a pain or does it do the job great?

It does a good job if your trying to rake leaves but pine needles not so much unless they are loose off the ground. Otherwise I just use a rake and still vacuum them up . I bought the hose kit that comes with it. It works great.

picframer
05-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Is the Bear Cat and the DR the same machine with just different names? If so, who really makes it? Any feedback on performance on both would be great.

Very different companies, like comparing Ford to Chev

B-2 Lawncare
05-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Are you looking for a walking or a tow able vac? i have the agria fab. I was looking at the Dr but couldn't justify the $ amount for it. the only compliant i have is the dust it makes. All and all it is a good unit.