PDA

View Full Version : hello

JOBAKER
05-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am trying to start my own lawncare business. I worked for a large company and was just recently laid off after 17 years. Good jobs are scarce and I would really like to work for myself. I have 5 accounts right now just by word od mouth. Need alot more (got bills to pay) any help would be great. GREAT SITE THANKS

Organic Ken
05-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Welcome jobaker, good luck with the new business! lots of info on here- search and you will find. What is your location?

JOBAKER
05-26-2010, 07:30 PM
I live in Ozark MO just south of Springfield. Do you think it is to late in the season to get started?

Organic Ken
05-26-2010, 08:31 PM
I have no idea for MO climate.Out here in the central valley of CA we have a year round season. Mow once a week all year except about two months from middle of Dec to middle of Feb when I mow every other week. I still go out each week (unless rained out) and do pruning, clean ups, etc. I would go for it! even if your season is short,and you don't pick up too many customers, the ones you do pick up this summer will be with you when you start next season, so you will have a much better start than you would if you sat on your butt till February. hopefully you have some unemployment to help get by on untill you build your customers up.

TILDANHIX
05-26-2010, 11:35 PM

this is the flyer i use works good. 

JT LAWNCARE
“KEEPIN MONEY
IN YOUR POCKET”
DELUXE PACKAGE
{ MOST LAWNS 40.00}
INCLUDES TRASH REMOVAL,
BAGGED MOWING , EDGE

MOW & BLOW PACKAGE
{MOST LAWNS 30.00}
INCLUDES TRASH REMOVAL,
MOWING,EDGE

JUST A TRIM PACKAGE
{MOST LAWNS 20.00}
ONLY WEEDEATING
FENCE WORK . HOUSE PAINTING INS &OUTS. GENERAL LABOR . REASONABLE PRICES PAYMENT OPTIONS

JT’S Lawn Care
We have your lawn care landscape needs covered!
MAKING LAWN CARE AFFORDABLE
SERVING LAWTON
www.myspace.com/535877740

I have no idea for MO climate.Out here in the central valley of CA we have a year round season. Mow once a week all year except about two months from middle of Dec to middle of Feb when I mow every other week. I still go out each week (unless rained out) and do pruning, clean ups, etc. I would go for it! even if your season is short,and you don't pick up too many customers, the ones you do pick up this summer will be with you when you start next season, so you will have a much better start than you would if you sat on your butt till February. hopefully you have some unemployment to help get by on untill you build your customers up.

JOBAKER
05-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I am working on some flyers right now. I am just trying to get some new customers. I need to work wife says I a driving her crazy

Steve
05-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Welcome to our forum!

I am working on some flyers right now. I am just trying to get some new customers.

I'd love to see what you come up with.

stevef1201
05-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Its never too late to start a business, it might be a little late to make a fortune this year. I started in Feb This year, I picked up several yards in March, April. then a few in May. when the rainy season starts in June i expect to pick up more. all i can say is GO FOR IT. working is better than sitting on your A and doing nothing.

jgdhandyman
06-01-2010, 08:11 PM
by mo i'm assuming your in montana. heck no its not to late to start!!! You may not want to rely on just your new biz,but at the very least you can hopfully pick up 2-3 lawns and have a foundation for next year,so you can say to customers next year i do this place and this place. Be fair,honest, & reliable and u should do ok.