PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Fs80R Problems!!

mr. phil
05-25-2010, 12:03 AM
Hello everyone! My problem is quite simple to explain but complex to solve! When I press on the primer bulb there's no gas getting to it. I cleaned the carb and put a new kit on it last night and I'm still getting the same problem. I can hear the gas moving in the tank as I press the but it not reaching the bulb. Just to add to the information so I can get a accurate response... The fuel line that's connected to the filter is allowing gas and air to leak out around the little rubber washer on the fuel tank and when I put my finger over it I can see the gas starting to go up the fuel line but it stops right there by the carb and goes no further. Have any of you guys every dealt with this before? any advice would be helpful!

Steve
05-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Is there any chance there is a clog right before the carb? Or even in the carb inlet?

biodale
05-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Replacing the primer bulb solved a similar problem on my stihl trimmer.

Steve
05-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Maybe there is a small enough leak in the bulb that you can't see but it is effecting the suction of it?

Byron3243
05-27-2010, 09:40 PM
I hope you figure it out and if you do please post what the problem is I think im starting to have the same prob with my fs100rx and my handheld blower but both are still starting fine but it dosent feel like any fuel is in the primer bulb until i start it. I have been worried about this becouse I dont have a backup anymore. If it stopes I guess I will have to go buy another one as a backup.

mr. phil
05-29-2010, 05:27 AM
Sorry for the delay everyone but I just went out and brought me a new one. I changed the bulb just to check and see if it was the problem but the same reaction happened. I talked to the service tech at my local Stihl dealer and he told me that it happens sometimes and there no way for a person to clean all the jets within the inside of the carb. the funny thing is they didn't sell me a Zama they sold me a Walbro replacement as he stated these are the ones that they use in the shop as a replacement.

SuperiorPower
05-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Sorry for the delay everyone but I just went out and brought me a new one. I changed the bulb just to check and see if it was the problem but the same reaction happened. I talked to the service tech at my local Stihl dealer and he told me that it happens sometimes and there no way for a person to clean all the jets within the inside of the carb. the funny thing is they didn't sell me a Zama they sold me a Walbro replacement as he stated these are the ones that they use in the shop as a replacement.

That is probably because Stihl is no longer selling the Zama carb and has no replaced it with the Walbro model. He is correct though that the jets can be very hard to clean.