PDA

View Full Version : Love the View

picframer
05-23-2010, 07:18 PM
And the customer, this is a 6 to 8 month job, excavation, chipping and landscaping.

I worked at the site by myself today as it's a long weekend here, I am shoring up the bank with rock, around 11:00 the client asked if I would put their 28 foot boat in, had a tractor on site and did it in no time.

Client comes back around 12:30 and asks that I join them for lunch, fresh lobster that he bought off a boat about 5 min from here, you can't see it in the pictures but the fishing boats catch lobster about 500 feet from the excavator, we see them every morning and wave, probably the most peaceful site I have worked at and the clients are just amazing, software emails an invoice every night, cheque is under the seat of the excavator every morning.

swstout
05-23-2010, 07:30 PM
The weather looks great there! Here just rain. 3 days now with 4 more scheduled. Catching up on bookwork and taxes! I have an accountant starting on the first. He will do payrole and all reporting for me. This I should have done last yer!

Steve

picframer
05-24-2010, 04:17 AM
The weather looks great there! Here just rain. 3 days now with 4 more scheduled. Catching up on bookwork and taxes! I have an accountant starting on the first. He will do payrole and all reporting for me. This I should have done last yer!

Steve

I don't want to hear about paperwork, I am at least three weeks behind, I had a bookkeeper last year but the books ended up a mess when I did an audit at the end of the year, tried two others this year but........

We have had next to no rain, it's been over three weeks since I had a day off, no rain in sight this week so it will be a long one.

Steve
05-24-2010, 03:06 PM
That is an amazing view! Very Nice! What island is that out there in the distance?

picframer
05-24-2010, 05:39 PM
That is an amazing view! Very Nice! What island is that out there in the distance?

Just an Island, there are quite a few around, the client wanted to buy it but it's owned by a Bird Society, another reason I love this spot is the cool breeze of the Ocean, one landscaping crew had to quit today, they were working inland and I guess it was close to 100, that may not be hot for a lot of you folks but for here that is 20 degrees higher than we are used to. On the Ocean we always have a nive cool breeze however on the way home I had to roll the windows up and turn the A/C on, now that I am home OMG it's hot and I am on the Lake, speaking of which it seems like a good day to have the first dip of the year.

Steve
05-25-2010, 04:49 PM
How cool is that if you could just buy an island like that!