View Full Version : Flyer Design

jklawncare
05-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Hey everyone

Im looking to design a new flyer

im planning on making it a door flyer so it saves some money on paper

black and white

to the point

last time i had the price box and i got a huge response on those..but i want to pass out alot..fast..so i think ill skip that

does anyone have any design that really stuck out and worked for them?

Im thinking about putting we will beat any competitors price and quality.

any suggestions?
and yes ive been through the templates a gazillion times..
i just want some personal opinions
maybe a flyer you used and it got alot of response

J-Rod
05-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I went really simple this year and just scanned my business card and transferred it to a half sheet of paper. I used color paper with black ink.Pretty cheap 2 flyers 1 sheet of paper. Most office stores will let you borrow the board to cut them after they are printed. I also put out some door hangers, same design concept, but added a box and gave and estimate on the spot. Did this on a couple of condos where all the properties are basically the same. Door hangers got a little better response but they were also more time consuming.

I actually got better response this year than any other year about 3%.

jklawncare
05-23-2010, 10:48 PM
my door flyers had the estimate box and i got a huge response

but i was thinking i might get a bigger one if i put

well beat the competitors quality and price

or

cuts start at 20$

i might go back to the rough estimate on the flyer though..

i was also thinking of a we fix mismanaged lawns flyer since we dont use heavy machinery yet..

racerdude711
05-24-2010, 10:57 AM
I used the price box too. I think that works the best. I usually based it on the neighborhood I was in, and put the same price on almost every one of the flyers. (All the lawns were approx. the same size) I'm going to be handing out more flyers in the next week as well, due to school finally getting out.

Steve
05-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Have you considered marketing to the neighbors of your current customers with the flyer that says 'sorry about the noise'? That might help you fill in your route better and help you make more profit per stop.

jklawncare
05-24-2010, 09:17 PM
i was planning on making special flyers for people surrounding my customer.

i was making more standard flyers to give out to all the other houses..school is out now and ihvae a vehicle to transport equipment as well as myself so i am ready to take on more clients

J-Rod
05-24-2010, 09:21 PM
I personally would never say that I will beat or even match someone elses price, you could be setting a trap for yourself. Also, customers who are willing to swap to a new company in order to spare a few bucks cares nothing about their lawn, they just want the weeds knocked back from time to time.
How are you ever going to showcase the quality of your work with this type of customer base? Do quality work for a price that is fair to both you and the homeowner and people will begin to notice.

jklawncare
05-24-2010, 09:42 PM
good point jrod

i never really thought of it that way

i think it would still be cool to put we will beat your current providers quality and service.

justin_time
05-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Here's what I had this spring.

Everytime i talk to someone, they said they liked my flyer design. It was simple it was black and white printed on golden rod paper (some kind of yellow)

http://www.jitys.ca/flyer.jpg

jklawncare
05-24-2010, 10:31 PM
i saw that in a forum a while back

and i really wish you didnt take that name
as my name is justin

i was planning on making it that name but there was 2 reasons why i didnt

1) my name is already semi-well known
2) you had it first haha

ill upload a pic of my last flyer..got 8 houses from about 5-600 flyers

Steve
05-25-2010, 04:55 PM
ill upload a pic of my last flyer..got 8 houses from about 5-600 flyers

I'd love to see it.

KAH
05-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Hello, I'd recommend you stay away from the Low Price "cuts start at $20.00" bit. People really hold you to that. I like the two flyers on one sheet of paper. We used bright green paper and printed two basic flyers (called printing two "up") by the printers. Saves bucks. I think the estimate thing would really help because there are so many folks that are curious but are afraid to ask. Once they hear how cheap your rates are they may jump at. Hard to give an estimate without talking to the owner. Some want grass bagged others not. Some are picky about trim work others not.