PDA

View Full Version : X749 Stripes

picframer
05-23-2010, 06:38 AM
I needed a brake from landscaping and decided to join a mowing crew Friday, I find it far more relaxing than this excavation job I am on.

I've noticed the stripes the X749 leaves before but never thought much about it, it has a regular 48" edge deck on (Can't use a wider deck around here as most lawns are very poorly built), anyhow a driver by stopped and asked how you get a mower to do this, I explained quickly what we do on the other units (sweeper attached to deck) but went on that this unit does it without the broom or rollers for some reason.

Here is an image of the X500 and X749, the deflector on the 500 was removed after mowing as the guys are going over this yard with the Dr. Vac as there are so many twigs off the trees, what we call Old Man's Beard which is a moss type thing that grows on the branches of spruce which Deer love and leaves, the old mans beard is next to impossible to clean up other than using a vac.

pvplus
05-23-2010, 11:37 PM
yard looks good all the same.

picframer
05-24-2010, 05:23 AM
yard looks good all the same.

Funny didn't upload the first time

Steve
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Is this one of the lawns you treat with the organic fertilizer? It looks really green!

picframer
05-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Is this one of the lawns you treat with the organic fertilizer? It looks really green!

Both of them however we just started on one and it will take some time.

Steve
05-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Both properties look fantastic!