PDA

View Full Version : deere

jklawncare
05-20-2010, 07:59 PM
hopefully someone could help me out on here.
picframer im sure this is your forte aha

John Deere f510
used

it dosnt specify how many hours it says call

im looking around for a cheap zero turn or commercial walk behind

and around here..my options are..well..this..ahaha

my options are buy something new.
and buy someting completely over used for 5$ under new price

just wanted to know if i should keep saving or talk to this guy about testing it

jklawncare
05-20-2010, 08:00 PM
oh and its a 38" with a 14hp kawasaki engine
has a new battery as well

jklawncare
05-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Deere: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/grd/1749890584.html

Option 2: http://kokomo.craigslist.org/grd/1751100181.html

Option 3: Buy New

racerdude711
05-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Wow, those mowers go for a lot more $$$ in my area. For me, I wouldn't go for either one. I would wait for a regular ztr to show up, or a commercial walk behind. BUT, for the price of the JD and the Grasshopper, it's kinda hard to pass them up if you ask me. I would probably go with the Grasshopper, but then again, I don't know much about these types of mowers. Also, I wonder if the JD has a snowblower attachment with it? It has chains on the tires??? If the snowblower attachment is for sale with the JD, then I would definitely get the JD. Could be a huge money maker in the winter.

jklawncare
05-20-2010, 09:14 PM
good point..the blower attachment would be amazing..he said something about a light but nothing was mentioned about the chains or any other attachment..i might ask

Steve's Lawn Care
05-20-2010, 10:31 PM
i agree the snow blower would be pretty nice. But the grasshopper mower may cut grass better. I know both seem like a good deal and they really are but id probably keep looking for a ztr or walkbehind. Do you cut a lot of hilly of steep yards? ive never used this type of mower and im wondering how they would hold slops?

jklawncare
05-20-2010, 10:57 PM
flat flat flat everything is flat
one house has a drainage ditch type thing tht runs under the drive and through the yard but i can push mow that

picframer
05-21-2010, 03:46 AM
Generally speaking for a 1995 they run around 900 bucks, some had 14hp others 15hp, for a 38" deck it's probably fine I only know of a couple of guys in the states with them and they have no complaints, to me $750 is a small investment considering how much it would speed up your mowing and it would in my case pay for itself in two weeks or less. The guys I know that have them won't part with them, they claim they don't make them like they used to when it comes to this unit.

The only downside I have read of is if something goes wrong with the Kawasaki engine in these, Deere had them made to specific spec's and they are assembled in the states, no other engine will fit other than the one specifically designed for this model, that being said I have only read of one fellow with an issue but he had over 3,000 hours, IMHO this machine with that many hours is pretty much ready for a long rest.

picframer
05-21-2010, 03:50 AM
good point..the blower attachment would be amazing..he said something about a light but nothing was mentioned about the chains or any other attachment..i might ask

In the late 80's Deere made a 38" snowblower for these but finding them is almost like finding a needle in a haystack, chains are no problem, you can get them for about $60.00

The Cleaning Doctor
05-21-2010, 06:12 AM
You could always modify the Deere like this guy did. You would have the coolest looking mower in town and no need for a trailer.

Steve's Lawn Care
05-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Hey i was just wondering if U decided on what mower U were gona buy.. and if U bought one are U happy with your choice?

jklawncare
05-24-2010, 09:14 PM
im waiting to see if any better options are available..i want to save enough to buy new..that way if something goes wrong its covered

Steve's Lawn Care
05-24-2010, 10:26 PM
well thats a very good goal! i really do recommend buying new if U can are there any brands your considering yet?

jklawncare
05-24-2010, 10:29 PM
toro scag and hustler
im real interested in gravely as well
i havnt done a whole lot of shopping around yet

i dont want to get over amitious..thats when i tend to mess things up..

i really want a stand on though
thats what im aiming for anyhow

i hear there easier to use and maintain

jklawncare
06-04-2010, 02:30 AM
http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/grd/1774335600.html

its soo cheap and looks like the best one ive seen on here

if only i even had that much..my company acct is drained almost right now because i just payed a bunch for advertisement and business cards and other things

this makes me sad

does any one have a trailer and 1300 i can borrow? ahha

racerdude711
06-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Your right, that one does look like a good deal. I've heard that the T-bar design is a lot easier on your hands as well. The bag alone is worth almost $300. Mower looks really clean too.