PDA

View Full Version : helicopters whirly birds and scott

jklawncare
05-19-2010, 09:09 PM
how do you get the helicopter, whirly bird seeds out of the grass..ive mowed over them 3 times..lowered the blade..it has a high lift mulching blade..and they still wont come out..im getting pissed off and ive tried everything i could think of...different directions, lowering deck, high lift mulch blade, bagger..

oh and scott i remember how you were talking about how you had a customer that always made you have a beer with him..well i have one of those too..only im 16 so i cant have beer but he makes me have a pepsi with him and talk about my job and what he does and fishing and stuff..sometimes its nice to have a customer thats like that..however when your in a hurry it can be a pain..anyways..today i remembered that post and laughed to myself a bit..

TeamDynamic
05-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Those things are a pain in the arse! We usually just use a back pack blower. I'd be interested to see if anyone knows a quicker way

jklawncare
05-19-2010, 10:50 PM
i tried to blow them but they are in the grass and it would take FOREVER to do..its not like they are laying ontop of the grass where it would be a bit easier to blow..i tried sucking them up with the vac attachment..no luck either..takes forever...

CHEESE2009
06-01-2010, 12:08 PM
hahahaha!!!

Helicopters are just as bad as pine bristles. Almost impossible to remove.

This is a great question!

A customer had asked me to lower my deck on the mower to mow up these helicopters. I told her my mower would probably not clear them from her lawn.

Well, the mower did a pretty good job... though it can be different on other lawns.

Just tell your customer your lawn mower isn't able to get them, their best chance is to wait for the final few cuts of the season where you can lower your deck...

If you end up using your blower trying to get rid of them... you should charge the job as an additional service.. way too much time messing around with the damn debris lol.