PDA

View Full Version : Cub cadet Zero turn

CFD192
05-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone had one and heard anything good or bad about Commercial grade Cub Cadet Zero Turn mowers. I am thinking the 48" ..it has alot of nice features and was in price range.

Steve
05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
I haven't but maybe someone else here can offer their advice on this.

Why are you looking at the 48" deck?

Steve's Lawn Care
05-24-2010, 04:58 PM
i have demoed tons of zero turns. i personaly wouldnt recommend anything from the cub line yes im sure the price is way less and it would last as long as any other commercial mower but if your looking for quality of cut i would only recommend the best. Exmark Scag Hustler Ferris Wright. All of those are excellent mowers and creat a excellent cut and stripe very well. I would recommend U looking into these brands and demo as many of them as U can.

kdexpd
05-25-2010, 01:35 AM
I bought a Cub 50" from Home Depot specifically for the 26 apartments we service. They are very small and it works ok I guess. It's by far not commercial in any way, the rear tires are too slick, and all the safety features it has is a load of bull&%$@. I spent two hours trying to figure out how to disable it all...heck it wouldn't even mow in reverse. I like it a lot better now. I would say it depends on what the sizes of lawns you maintain are and how thick the grass will be when you cut it. I don't care for it too much, however like I said, it works for what I need it for. It was cheap and came with a 3 year warranty, which will be used quite frequently about midsummer when it gets worn out. My main mower is an industrial Dixie Chopper. I don't like it as much as I liked my Exmark, however it will outlast the Cub line of mowers 10 times over. Go with what you can afford, but keep in mind you will spend a lot more money on a residential quality mower in the long run because of the simple fact that all the wear and tear will beat it to death very soon.