PDA

View Full Version : commercial accounts

CFD192
05-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Just wondering information and what people did with commercial properties? any yearly contracts, monthly, and just weekly? how much more do you charge compared to a residental of same size? Special offers, and just anything else that you might do different from a residental. I have a mowing business and right now I have mostly residental accounts and was trying to get some commericial accounts. What is everyone plan on getting in a good bid and a time frame. I thought I was getting to new businesses in my location early, but at all locations I find out that they already had a contract.

geckodolphin81
05-19-2010, 12:43 AM
Just wondering information and what people did with commercial properties? any yearly contracts, monthly, and just weekly? how much more do you charge compared to a residental of same size? Special offers, and just anything else that you might do different from a residental. I have a mowing business and right now I have mostly residental accounts and was trying to get some commericial accounts. What is everyone plan on getting in a good bid and a time frame. I thought I was getting to new businesses in my location early, but at all locations I find out that they already had a contract.

We just started commercials 2 years ago and found out the best way is yearly contracts. If they accept we tell them that any garbage we see we will pick up and all of our accounts like that addition. as far as prices go, it's kind of hard at first but we go by the size of the place because we also clean the lot every week by blowing all debris off. It really comes down to what they expect in the contract as far as the maintenance goes. just remember they expect good service so you have to be ready to commit to the property. Good luck hope everything goes well.

Steve
05-19-2010, 06:45 PM
We just started commercials 2 years ago and found out the best way is yearly contracts.

How did you go about landing your first few commercial jobs? What part of the year did you visit them to bid on the properties?