PDA

View Full Version : Truck advertising

jasonw
05-16-2010, 01:05 PM
So I did some truck advertising today. I got a quote for having graphics done and it was $3,000 so I figured screw that I will just get door magnets, then I figured I would do it the cheepo way and get lettering and do it myself. I also put the phone number on the back of the tractor between the LED arrows so people can clearly see it while I am hauling it down the road.

Steve
05-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Simple, effective and to the point. I think that will work.

Yard Elements
05-16-2010, 07:41 PM
For about $100 you can get some good vinyl for your truck

$3000 is crazyness thats for a vehicle wrap I use to design and work front counter at fast signs

justin_time
05-16-2010, 07:55 PM
For about $100 you can get some good vinyl for your truck

I payed that for 2 signs and 1 vinyl on my trailer. I'm sure you can get vinyl for about $100 to $200 easy

jklawncare
05-16-2010, 08:28 PM
my lettering courtesy of 696 signs

he does amazing work and has incredible service

not too pricey either

696signs.com

i realize my truck is a piece of crud
and so is the picture..im not done putting it all on yet..i have to do the drivers side and then put on the 696 signs stickers he gave me :)

arthur712
05-16-2010, 08:30 PM
That is great, something is better than nothing, If you lived closer I would do your vinyl free.

Good Job!

Organic Ken
05-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Lettering looks great! Nice job!

What is that on your roof? a flashing light? Great for lawn emergencies! lol seriously, good idea for when you are on the side of the road - especialy in rural areas

jasonw
05-17-2010, 01:28 AM
Lettering looks great! Nice job!

What is that on your roof? a flashing light? Great for lawn emergencies! lol seriously, good idea for when you are on the side of the road - especialy in rural areas

Thanks for the comments. Thats a rotating amber light. I put it there the day after my truck nearly got rear ended parked in front of a clients house. The truck came from the county so the switch and wire for the light bar was already there. I get about 3 hours out of the light before my battery starts to hurt. I am in the works of looking for a green lens for it.

robgee05
05-17-2010, 06:48 AM
That is great, something is better than nothing, If you lived closer I would do your vinyl free.

Good Job!

I can see where this would get some attention. It may even be worth a parking ticket to get good visability LOL. Not a handicap spot though-bad publicity

jasonw
05-17-2010, 08:44 AM
I can see where this would get some attention. It may even be worth a parking ticket to get good visability LOL. Not a handicap spot though-bad publicity

Technically its not legal for me to have the light on there while driving but I hardwired and mounted it and thus far I have not had any problems with the boys in blue. It kinda helps that I know most of them.

Steve
05-17-2010, 12:49 PM
i have to do the drivers side and then put on the 696 signs stickers he gave me

You did a good job!

Take some pictures of the application process, I'd love to see it