PDA

View Full Version : I got a featured full page article in local paper/real estate publication!

musician/lawnman
05-14-2010, 04:26 PM
She (the author) wanted to do this story, found me via my website & then called me. We spoke on the phone for a little while, I emailed her some photos & she picked the ones she liked. She asked for refferences & spoke to several of my Landscaping clients, Quoted them in the story & featured pictures & many quotes from our conversation (a few were semi-misquoted but it's ok). I believe it positions our company in a pretty good light & positions us as an authority on renovations & projects! She does mention another landscaper here in town (like twice) that she apparently spoke with too. I was stoked! Free publicity is great!
:D:D:D
Check me out HERE! (http://charlotte.floridaweekly.com/news/2010-05-13/Real_Estate_News/Landscaping_improves_a_homes_face_value.html)

In case the link doesn't work here it is again:
http://charlotte.floridaweekly.com/news/2010-05-13/Real_Estate_News/Landscaping_improves_a_homes_face_value.html

Steve
05-14-2010, 04:49 PM
That is fantastic news!

Did you get a chance to ask her why she chose to call you?

It makes you think about how professional of an image you project. I bet she must have considered a bunch of potential lawn care business owners but narrowed the list down to you for many reasons!

musician/lawnman
05-15-2010, 09:41 AM
She called because of how well the website was presented.
Cool stuff. Hopefully it gives me a little boost for a bit & makes the phone ring more than usual, though I'll be honest.... It's tough to take on big landscape projects in season. We are sooo busy with maintenence.

Steve
05-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Keep us posted on the response you hear from it.

Have you been thinking about how you can use the article to further promote yourself?

Can you post a copy of it on your forum?
Can you mention it when meeting with new customers?
Could it be included somehow in any future flyers or other marketing?

arthur712
05-16-2010, 09:46 PM
That is great!

Keep up that good work!!!