PDA

View Full Version : Hello from central Ohio

Total Solutions
05-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Hey all...

We're actually more of a property maintenance company rather than a landscaping company but we've been asked several times by customers about mulching, tilling gardens and other types of landscaping work. We're not picky...we'll do almost anything. I have a few people wanting mulch and I know how to figure the area but how much $ per hour should I figure in for labor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

JP Landscaping
05-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Depending on how where we are unloading the mulch (back yard:front yard) and how easy it will be to spread the mulch (think in plants or plants spread out) one person can do 1 yard (100 sq ft) in 1/2 to 1 hour.

This includes unloading the mulch into a wheelbarrow, taking it to the flower bed, dumping, and spreading it. I charge 1 hour per yard of mulch plust cost of mulch just to be safe. I also charge a delivery charge. I can fit 4 yards comfortably on my trailer so I charge $35 for up to 4 yards. Anything more than 6 yards, my supplier delivers for free. So I use that to my advantage on bigger mulch jobs.

All in all: 1 hour per yard + cost of mulch+ delivery charge= bid

hope it helps

Steve
05-13-2010, 03:21 PM
We're actually more of a property maintenance company rather than a landscaping company but we've been asked several times by customers about mulching, tilling gardens and other types of landscaping work. We're not picky...we'll do almost anything. I have a few people wanting mulch and I know how to figure the area but how much $ per hour should I figure in for labor?

Hi Bill,

Welcome to our forum!

It's great to hear you are looking to offer more services to your current clients. The thing I wonder is in your situation, is it possible for you to charge a premium for your add on services because you already have a certain level of trust built up with that customer?

Or do you feel the customers will go out and look for other estimates as well?