PDA

View Full Version : Gator followed me home....

picframer
05-12-2010, 07:39 PM
I have seen these units as I help the local dealer at the home shows, looked at them and they serve a purpose.

My JD rep showed up on a job site I was at today, not very good timing as I had buried the 27D excavator on the beach when I slipped off my path I made, first time I have ever been stuck, right to the doors.

Anyhow we had a walk around of the project I am doing and what we are up to, he suggested a Gator would be easier for the staff and offered to have one delivered for us to try, I laughed and said every time we try something we buy it so no we are doing fine.

After I picked up another excavator I have close to the site to get mine out I was thinking about our conversation, then I had a call from another crew that they had pulled the cord out of a trimmer.

So I pick the trimmer up and head to Deere, fixed on the spot in 15 min or less, my contact was there and I started looking at the Gator and thinking how much time it would save, anyhow I said load it on the trailer and send me the bill, it does have to go back as it had a snow plow attached which I don't want and it needs a winch.

I built high side boards for it tonight, it's too dark to take pictures, I would prefer a diesel but JD is changing the production line and I can't wait until August.

I put a couple of hours on it tonight, the HPAP tires will be installed tomorrow morning at 7 on route to it's first job.

JP Landscaping
05-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Nice new toy.... how do you plan on using it? what kinds of jobs?

picframer
05-13-2010, 04:31 AM
Nice new toy.... how do you plan on using it? what kinds of jobs?

It's going to this 13 acre tree job we are doing to carry wood out of the woods, the tractors are too big with the loaders, the ATV's and trailers are hard to get around. We will also use it to carry sod on other jobs and the stone for retaining walls. I am taking it to a few small turf dressing jobs next week, easier than a wheel barrow and cheaper to pull than a tractor with a loader.

turfmaster
05-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Nice machine. I have been thinking of a UTV for some time now. A lot of different uses for it. What it set you back about $15,000 ?

Steve
05-13-2010, 03:12 PM
LOL when I read this topic, I was thinking to myself, how the heck did an alligator get all the way up there? HAHAHAH Now I know :)

picframer
05-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Nice machine. I have been thinking of a UTV for some time now. A lot of different uses for it. What it set you back about $15,000 ?

This machine is new however it's a Limited Edition and has been on the floor for I believe he said 16 months, Deere is redesigning the Gators and shut production down a few weeks ago and told dealers to get rid of stock by August. This one sat for so long because of the cost and it is loaded, anyhow they gave it to me at cost, $11,000, it was on the floor for $16,800. It worked great today, I really wish it was a diesel however but you can't get them, I would have to travel to Quebec, there are two dealers there with new Diesels, anyhow it will be fine and the staff loved it and were carrying all kinds of stuff in it today.

turfmaster
05-14-2010, 09:50 AM
I would have to say you got a great deal!