PDA

View Full Version : Please help me out Just started my business

clandscaping44
05-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Hey my name is charlie. I just started my lawn mowing business and I'm wondering how to get more lawn accounts. I have ordered marketing materials and it isn't working. What am I doing wrong and what can I do to improve?

personalgardens
05-11-2010, 07:49 PM
hey charlie, if you have some good looking business cards thats all you need for advertising, or some flyers goin into detail about what you do the average charge, etc. and goto door to door if you can. thats what i did basically and it took off very well, im not making a killing but its getin the bills paid, and write down what your goin to say and reherse it before you go out.

Steve
05-12-2010, 03:40 PM
I have ordered marketing materials and it isn't working. What am I doing wrong and what can I do to improve?

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of marketing material did you get and how have you used it so far? That will help us try and figure out what is going on.

clandscaping44
05-12-2010, 07:45 PM
The only marketing materials I use are tear off tab flyers, postcards and thats it. I do have about 200 business cards also.
The postcards I have just been putting them into mailboxes. The Tear off tab flyers I have been putting in Supermarkets.
Should I be going door to door instead.
If so, can you give me an example sales pitch???

JP Landscaping
05-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Example:

Hi sir/mam.

My name is "your name". I'm doing promotion for my company "company name." May I give you a free lawn care estimate for your yard?

If he says he doesn't need one. reply with:

Will you take my business card in case you may need it in the future or know of someone who may need my services? - as you hand him your business card.

end with: "Thanks for your time" and walk to the next house.

clandscaping44
05-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks JP. I'll let you guys know how that turned out.

Steve
05-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Here is some more reading on how to improve your door to door sales.

The 11 rules of engagement when going door to door.
(http://lawnchat.com/?p=1286)

More reading here http://lawnchat.com/?cat=69

townneckmowing
05-15-2010, 11:28 PM
The only marketing materials I use are tear off tab flyers, postcards and thats it. I do have about 200 business cards also.
The postcards I have just been putting them into mailboxes. The Tear off tab flyers I have been putting in Supermarkets.
Should I be going door to door instead.
If so, can you give me an example sales pitch???

I think putting stuff in mailboxes is illegal.

GreenBeast
05-15-2010, 11:51 PM
I think putting stuff in mailboxes is illegal.

Yea, I was just gonna say I too am new to this but i think that if you put things in their mail box, could be asking for trouble. I personally opted for a flier and door hanger. But again I am new to this game. Just my two cents :) Good luck bro.

DOP
05-19-2010, 02:01 PM
A sign on the side of your trailer with some contact information would be good. It's a great way to promote your business WHILE you're making money as opposed to promoting INSTEAD OF making money.

akessinger84
05-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Yes it is a federal offense to put stuff into others mailboxes but you can place the flyer in a doorknob bag and hang it on the flag of the mailbox