PDA

View Full Version : How your tires can make you or break you!

CloseCuts
05-11-2010, 05:53 PM
I was wondering if there was a certain type of tire that is better than your factory set? My tires arent that bad but i didn't know if there were any better that way maybe i could turn a little better on grass.

picframer
05-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I was wondering if there was a certain type of tire that is better than your factory set? My tires arent that bad but i didn't know if there were any better that way maybe i could turn a little better on grass.

I run HDAP's, they are friggin amazing, wet, snow, mud whatever you throw at them, I run Carlise which are made in the states.

CloseCuts
05-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the input. The biggest thing i'm looking for in a tire is that they don't tear the grass up. I have a Exmark mower with the factory tires on it now and would like to upgrade to better tires if there are any.

picframer
05-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the input. The biggest thing i'm looking for in a tire is that they don't tear the grass up. I have a Exmark mower with the factory tires on it now and would like to upgrade to better tires if there are any.

I have never had them tear the grass using the garden tractors, the traction is honestly shocking.

Here is a tractor with them on, deck is off as we use the 749's for everything.

jasonw
05-12-2010, 09:52 AM
I still have the stock tires on mine. They are carlisle turf savers. For the most part they work great. If you make a sharp turn on wet grass up hill on a gopher infested lawn the inside tire will slip but oh well. The only other complaint I have it this last winter I took it down one of the roads on our ranch and got stuck, the tread gets caked with mud and dose not clean its self out good but I guess that's my fault, they are not meant to play in the mud.

XtreemGreen
05-12-2010, 10:17 AM

All tires will tear grass up, even bald tires do..You have to learn how to not make the inside turning wheel stop when making a turn..Both tires should ALWAYS be turning when your mowing..Just try different ways of turning.. Practice makes perfect..

I run carlisle super lug (which look like tractor tires) and I very seldom tear grass up..

Steve
05-12-2010, 03:01 PM
How do you all change your tires? I was looking at this harbor freight tire changer for about $50 and it looks like it would do the job.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_LAABOgXU1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_LAABOgXU1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

jasonw
05-12-2010, 03:16 PM
How do you all change your tires? I was looking at this harbor freight tire changer for about $50 and it looks like it would do the job.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_LAABOgXU1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_LAABOgXU1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Put the tire under the rear bumper. Put truck jack on beed, jack rear end of truck up to break beed. Remove tire, put new tire on. Wrap ratcheting strap around center of tread and tighten it down then air up to seat beed.

picframer
05-12-2010, 06:49 PM
All tires will tear grass up, even bald tires do..You have to learn how to not make the inside turning wheel stop when making a turn..Both tires should ALWAYS be turning when your mowing..Just try different ways of turning.. Practice makes perfect..

I run carlisle super lug (which look like tractor tires) and I very seldom tear grass up..

Depends on the machine, my 749's will not tear turf no matter what the conditions, they have portioning valves that sense what angle the tractor is at and turning and adjust tire speed, I have tried everything to tear turf, it simply doesn't happen.

jasonw
05-13-2010, 01:35 AM
I have tried everything to tear turf, it simply doesn't happen.

I am sorry but I could not help to laugh my a$$ off. You are trying to tear up lawns, isn't that what we are suppose to avoid? I bet you would kick yourself if it actually worked one day LOL:) "Hey watch this guys,,,,,, Oh snap there goes a thousand bucks worth of repairs to the clients lawn lol"

picframer
05-13-2010, 03:28 AM
I am sorry but I could not help to laugh my a$$ off. You are trying to tear up lawns, isn't that what we are suppose to avoid? I bet you would kick yourself if it actually worked one day LOL:) "Hey watch this guys,,,,,, Oh snap there goes a thousand bucks worth of repairs to the clients lawn lol"

I didn't say a clients lawn, my own is almost three acres, also where we test all products and machines.