PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Schedule like?

gonecountry
05-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Just wondering how many days you guys work and how many days you allow for rain. I think I am going to do a schedule like mow every mon.,wed.,and friday. So that tues, and thurs. can be my rain days for when it does on the regular days. Does any one do something similiar like this? How many yards are you able [by yourself] mow in one day?

mark123
05-11-2010, 06:43 PM
I mow Wednesday, Thursday, Friday so that if it rains I can do Saturday or Monday.

I recently moved one person to Tuesday (very inefficient for one lawn but hopefully that's temporary) because I couldn't fit them anywhere else. I don't really want to fill Monday or Tuesday with mowing because I want to build my fertilizer route on those two days. I want mowing to pay the bills for the business and fertilizing to make me rich. ;)

I've been considering doing my personal lawns and my church on Saturday. The church because I'm cutting on Thursday now and by the time Sunday rolls around it's already 8" high. :o I'm going to try it for a couple of months and see how it goes. Of course if it rains on Saturday then the church won't be cut for services. I'll never hear the end of that. :p

If I get the bigger mower I'm looking at I can compress the route back into a three day route.

picframer
05-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Just wondering how many days you guys work and how many days you allow for rain. I think I am going to do a schedule like mow every mon.,wed.,and friday. So that tues, and thurs. can be my rain days for when it does on the regular days. Does any one do something similiar like this? How many yards are you able [by yourself] mow in one day?

We operate 7 days a week, the guys now work 12 hour shifts, four on and three off. If the mowing gets behind because of rain, we will send staff that are on chipping or excavation jobs to help the others catch up.

DenisD
05-11-2010, 10:05 PM
We go at it 6 days a week 10 to 12 hours a day. If it rains we do all we can to catch up. I normally wait until the rain stops and go rite back at it.

psparaco
05-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Our typical days to mow are mon, tue, wed and thu. with friday off or set aside for rain day/landscape days. Mon, tue and wed i have certain areas layed out for my townhomes. Reason being.... The townhomes i mow MUST be cut by 10am on wednesday or the tenant gets fined by their landlord. So i jumped on this bandwagon and charge a more reasonable rate that tenants can afford and most go with us. then i do all my single family homes wednesday afternoon and all day thursday. Fridays are for my pressure washing, tree trimming, gutter cleaning, etc projects people hire us to do. If we do not have any projects lined up that week , we simply have a day off. I think we have had 2 fridays off since the last week of march. lol. When i say "we", it's my fiance jessica and myself. Jess mows while i trim/edge and cleanup with the blower. we can knock out 5-7 townhomes in an hour. Our hours of operation are from 9am-3pm. If we're not starting a property by 2:30pm the day is over. Reason being... our daughter gets out of school at 3:15pm and we have to be there to pick her up. Our days are set up around her school schedule. we haven't figured out what we are doing once school is out but we'll figure something out by then. Now if is rains on say monday. we attempt to knock out all our monday and tuesday cuts in one day which is hard but we manage somehow. this week it rained tuesday. we only cut 3. monday none needed it so we pushed them off til wednesday. damn weather... its been colder in the 50's daytime and 30/40's at night. yet tomorrow it's supposed to be a high of 75-80. no wonder people get sick lol. If it rains on mon, tue, wed or thu. we just shift our days up by 1 day. so by friday we are cutting our thursday cuts. Can become confusing but thanks to the gopher software it makes scheduling alot easier. Well time to play some metroid prime on gamecube and unwind b4 bed. later all. happy mowing.