PDA

View Full Version : Help bid rototill and reseed.

Jack Rabbit
05-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Please give your advice for this bid.

- Roto-till and reseed 1626 sq ft with bermuda.
- Customer has roto-tiller.
- Customer prefers Tiff Green grass variety.
- Southern New Mexico desert location.

Also, any advice about Tiff Green and where to get it?

Jack Rabbit
05-11-2010, 02:09 PM
About how long will it take to roto till?

Jack Rabbit
05-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Hmm, She said it is Tiffgreen but that is planted with sod. No seed available for that right?

swstout
05-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Please give your advice for this bid.

- Roto-till and reseed 1626 sq ft with bermuda.
- Customer has roto-tiller.
- Customer prefers Tiff Green grass variety.
- Southern New Mexico desert location.

Also, any advice about Tiff Green and where to get it?

You can get Tiff Green in both seed and sod. I saw it at Lowe's last week. I havn't used Tiff Green but is must be like other Bermuda's. Seeds are extreemly small and light. I till down 4 inches and then roll with drum half full. Apply seeds (use a drop spreader not a broadcast spreader). Fill drum and roll again to keeps seed in place. Water deeply for 7 days and then weekly (about 1 inch) therafter.

The ideal soil pH for Bermuda is 6.3.

I use Nature's Magic and Aerify after seeding and then 1 week later.

Steve

Jack Rabbit
05-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Turns out she has Tiff Green in the back yard and any bermuda will be fine in the front. The grass in the front is gone and she only wants me to rototill and seed. She's got a friend who mows. Too bad, it is a double lot with a huge back yard.

I read that the tiff grasses are sterile hybrids but you saw seed so they've got it now. I'll just use regular bermuda.

It is almost all bermuda here due to the heat and dryness.

About how long will it take to rototill 1700 sq ft?

swstout
05-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Turns out she has Tiff Green in the back yard and any bermuda will be fine in the front. The grass in the front is gone and she only wants me to rototill and seed. She's got a friend who mows. Too bad, it is a double lot with a huge back yard.

I read that the tiff grasses are sterile hybrids but you saw seed so they've got it now. I'll just use regular bermuda.

It is almost all bermuda here due to the heat and dryness.

About how long will it take to rototill 1700 sq ft?

If you're doing it by hand (a walk behind tiller) I'd say allow 2 hours. If you have a tow behind tiller - 1/2 to 3/4 hour.

Steve

Jack Rabbit
05-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks Steve!