PDA

View Full Version : I need help on an estimate!

javilawnman
05-11-2010, 10:25 AM
I started a lawn care business. I also added planting trees but i do not know if i charge per tree or per hour? how much to charge per tree/ per hour?. Could anybody help me out?

Steve
05-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Welcome to our forum!

You can't go wrong with per hour. As you get a better feel for how long such plantings take you, you can always go to per tree in your bidding.

Do you have an idea how long each tree will take you to plant?

robgee05
05-11-2010, 07:35 PM
I do some hauling to add to our business. What would you charge to siphon and dispose of about 50 gallons of oil in a 55gallon drum???:D

jklawncare
05-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Trees: Material Cost per Tree + (Hourly Rate*Time)= Final Price

I just did a tree/mulch/planting/landscape type job the other day

I Planted 12 Arborvitaes on a hill of one truck load of field soil and one truck load of top soil..(in a rounded hill type form) and it was curved in a bean type form that flows out..i threw a truck load of red mulch on top of some landscape fabric and various plants and then lined it with fieldstone

Its been raining but the very soonest its dry i will be taking pictures of it..it looks great..

also for the oil questions

are you disposing of the drum?
either way..shop around and see how much it would cost to get rid of the oil..
then charge

Disposal Fee + (hourly rate * time) + Fee to haul off=Final Price

thats how i would do it anythow

hope this kinda helps

JP Landscaping
05-11-2010, 09:25 PM
at minimum charge by the hour.

but we charge as much as the tree is worth to plant it. In other words if the tree is $100 we charge $100 to plant it because that way, if you are blamed if the tree dies, then you can at least replace it and only lose your time instead of also losing for having to buy a new one.

Typically you make more this way also.

JP Landscaping
05-11-2010, 09:28 PM
here, Autozone takes and recycles oil for free. check that out. then you can charge the time it takes you to load it, and take it to autozone.

robgee05
05-12-2010, 07:32 AM
here, Autozone takes and recycles oil for free. check that out. then you can charge the time it takes you to load it, and take it to autozone.

TY JP.

They accept it here too. I was just wondering if they would take kindly or not to 20 gallons at 1 shot. IM in NJ. Is there any value to this oil or only in large quantities? I put an add on craigslist that says free used motor oil. Never know someone might just take it for me and i can still charge the customer a nominal fee along with the cleanup.... BTW What would you guys charge for a 1 acre leaf cleanup with heavy debris?

kkkkkkk
05-12-2010, 07:42 AM
you could also put a ad on craigs list alot of people take it for free for heating shops if they have a oil burner

javilawnman
05-12-2010, 01:45 PM
thanks this helps a lot.

javilawnman
05-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks. this helps so much. how much do you usually charge per hour or does it vary?

javilawnman
05-12-2010, 01:50 PM
It shouldn't take me more than 3 hours to do. I found out they are just small bushes. do you have an estimation on how much to charge?

JP Landscaping
05-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I would charge $105 for three hours of labor. If you have to haul it off and dispose charge for the time it will take you to do it.

robgee05
05-13-2010, 06:53 AM
you could also put a ad on craigs list alot of people take it for free for heating shops if they have a oil burner

The big drum has gas in it. I found out I can dispose of it at the county municipal center free. Its actually got rust in it from the barrel so no real value to consumer, otherwise id just put it in tanks and use it later LOL.

javilawnman
05-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Thank You so much for your help i appreciate it.