PDA

View Full Version : Look what I scored

jasonw
05-11-2010, 10:57 AM
This was given to me by a client. He got it and used it one time for about 30 minutes and then parked it. It just sat at his vacation house the whole time. When I got it there was no fuel line. I put some line on it, changed the oil and fired it up. It ran very good but after 3 hours of use died and refused to run again on a job yesterday. After getting back to the shop I found a beetle in the fuel line "Clear fuel line" I figured debris got in the carb so choked the hell out of it and it started running good again. I drained the tank and put an inline filter on and she runs like a champ again. Cant beet the price I guess, which was free. Anyone ever use one of these? Any hints and or tips for maintenance or anything ells? Its awesome because its self propelled and everything. Makes short work out of big weeding jobs.

pj7714
05-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Always nice to add a new toy to the inventory!

Steve
05-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Thats awesome! I am sure it will come in handy.

jasonw
05-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Thats awesome! I am sure it will come in handy.

Let me tell ya, It saved me yesterday. I was cutting down my brothers entire property. Its to steep so I can NOT use the tractor so we have been going at it with weed eaters. I melted my head last week. Brought it back to the shop and fixed it and yesterday took this beast to his house instead of the weed eater. Last week we were doing about a half acre per day. Yesterday with this thing I was doing about 2 acre per day. A truly awesome machine. I used it on the ranch today. We have a fairly steep hill that never gets cut because its to steep to push or drive a mower up and its a pain with a WW. This thing just tore it up. Just hit the lever and hold on. I have yet to find anything that will bog the motor down to. It will cut 5/8" weeds and trees with out skipping a beet or so much as a sputter. My only complaint are the tires. I have yet to look into new tires but the stock ones are a POS they spin a lot up hill. Maybe some nasty tiller treads will fix that. All they are is hard rubber so I guess spinning is expected.

Steve
05-12-2010, 03:32 PM
It looks like it is light in weight so maybe that helps too on slopes?

jasonw
05-13-2010, 02:26 AM
It looks like it is light in weight so maybe that helps too on slopes?

Actually Steve its a beast when it comes to weight. It comes in at about 150lbs. I have trouble even lifting it into the truck. Thank god it is self propelled otherwise there is no way I would last long pushing it around.

picframer
05-13-2010, 06:02 AM
Actually Steve its a beast when it comes to weight. It comes in at about 150lbs. I have trouble even lifting it into the truck. Thank god it is self propelled otherwise there is no way I would last long pushing it around.

They weigh 70 to 81 pounds depending on if you have electric start, we have one that is used on Cat 3 septic fields, the 8.25 Commercial unit.