PDA

View Full Version : Evil thorn bush

CaseyLawnCare
05-11-2010, 02:50 AM
Ok well as you may be able to tell i am starting to hate this bush.

For you it is massive. a 20x15 bush and about 10 feet tall.

I cut it down to the ground. and haul all away same day.
dug up the roots put round up on them.

Rented a Bobcat dug down 3 feet in the area of this bush and replaced the soil.

So okay i lost a good amount of money on this evil bush.

About 2500 on this bush. and made 800. so a big loss for me.

But thats not the bad part. the F*****G thing is growing back.

What the hell can i do now.
I cant lossing much more money. does anyone know a good trick tip anything on how to get rid of this thing.

personalgardens
05-11-2010, 07:09 AM
well the ol timers use to put a lil oil or somthing with it and burn it out. not to sure how your client would feel about it, dig it back out and see if it has any runners and try your best to get them out.

BladeRunnerLC04
05-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Talk to the owner and see how they feel about putting something on it. A product that I use and weeds and works very well is Ground Clear. But be careful it will kill anything it touches basically...it is usually good for the whole season before something else starts to grow

CaseyLawnCare
05-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Well the problem with burn or acid. is she whats to use the area for a garden.
So i cant burn it or use heavy chemicals if at all possible.

But if i cant get rid of this thing i am going to remove all the soil from her back yard. and place sod, sprinkler system, and till the ground for her garden.

I hope after all that she losses my number.

Thanks for the Ideals

MountainViewGreenskeeper
05-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Is burning bad for ground or something or am I missing something??? Ive never done it myself but the wood burns to ash, ash isnt a harsh chemical, as long as u toss some dirt in there should be fine maybe even better. if need be soil test and lower the sulfer content with lime I believe it is.

food for thought

CaseyLawnCare
05-11-2010, 10:49 PM
no burning is okay put the bush is up on her house and a wood fence so i dont what to do that.

but if you us gas or diesel to start the fire.

those are bad for the ground.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
05-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh my bad, well i guess that dnt work but for future reference use lightfluid since more of it will burn off then the gas or diesel.

Sounds like you either need to dig it up or cut it lower through some kill or acid in there and maybe even cover it with plastic then make sure u have a ft of soil above it.

CaseyLawnCare
05-13-2010, 08:22 PM
I like the plastic. but someone said that newspapers work and help feed the soil when there break down.

Thanks for the tips Everyone

MountainViewGreenskeeper
05-14-2010, 06:36 PM
I heard of news paper before a well its a back east thing i think. But ive seen stuff grow through the newspaper before. Unless you have newspaper layn round I would just go for the for sure thing n do plastic but to eash his own.

robgee05
05-25-2010, 06:45 AM
I heard of news paper before a well its a back east thing i think. But ive seen stuff grow through the newspaper before. Unless you have newspaper layn round I would just go for the for sure thing n do plastic but to eash his own.

I have seen stuff grow through the plastic as well. I like to use the newspaper with some garden preen. Seems to knock the weeds down enough, until next season when you can mulch again. It may last a few seasons, but the plastic is a mess to tear out and to plant flowers through. Now for stone its a great idea to use plastic.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
05-25-2010, 11:15 PM
I have seen stuff grow through the plastic as well. I like to use the newspaper with some garden preen. Seems to knock the weeds down enough, until next season when you can mulch again. It may last a few seasons, but the plastic is a mess to tear out and to plant flowers through. Now for stone its a great idea to use plastic.

ya but the plastic dnt decompose and its not as easy for it to grow thru.

in ur experience the preen works??? I dont like it cause it only last maybe a month and thats maybe. but in this situation maybe all it need is that month to get that stump to stop growing.

jklawncare
05-25-2010, 11:31 PM
bamboo does the same thing..thats a pain in the arse to remove..just dig it out and make sure theres not roots anywhere..that or you can try the newspaper..i heard that works well but it is possible to grow through..i guess it depends on your area..

robgee05
05-26-2010, 11:11 PM
ya but the plastic dnt decompose and its not as easy for it to grow thru.

in ur experience the preen works??? I dont like it cause it only last maybe a month and thats maybe. but in this situation maybe all it need is that month to get that stump to stop growing.

The preen says every 3 months.

Ur right once a month to be sure. Ive heard about that bamboo being a real mess JK.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
05-27-2010, 06:59 PM
ya bamboo blows

it will grow thru anything, even concrete. You have to get all the roots out for that stuff.