PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cranbrook,B.C. Canada

jgdhandyman
05-10-2010, 11:54 AM
hello i'm the owner of JGD Handyman, I started in june of 2003 so i'm well established. I do alot of differant things but do alot lawn care,and snow removal. I have 1 summer employee & 6 winter employee's.

Steve
05-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things do you do to promote your business? Do you find that offering many services allows you to attracts more customers than if you only offered lawn care?

jgdhandyman
05-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I use quality,professional,affordable & reliable work to do most(90%) of my "promoting". Like in the title good word of mouth is better then $1 million in advertising.I sure do think offering many services helps keep and attract customers.the problem with that is you must know alot of diff things & own alot of tools. 1 customer can be work all year around when your a jack of all trades.

Steve
05-10-2010, 08:24 PM
When you can offer many different services, what do you find is the best way to let your existing customers know you can do all sorts of services?

jgdhandyman
05-14-2010, 03:14 AM
dont be afraid to ask, or "take the bull by the horns" i mean if you see the gutter falling off jump on a ladder with your drill and just fix it. the 10min you do goes a long way when the customer see's or is told that you saw a prob and fixed it. then the customer says something like "oh i didnt know you did that". you can then say oh yes i can do.......... or just ask "i was wondering if you would like me to fix this or that". As well as like i said before word of mouth is best. you could just advertise aswell;)