PDA

View Full Version : Ok, let the beat downs begin

stew6371
05-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I got a troybuilt trimmer today. 2 stroke, 27cc. I also bought the edger attachment with it. The trimmer is awesome. Lots of power. Problem is, I couldnt get the edger to egde my yard. I was trying to cut overgrown clover and it kept bogging the edger down. I think I may have wasted $70 on the edger.

mburse1977
05-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Pays to get a good commercial equipment even if used it will pay off in the long run. Store bought even when they say commercial its not really. I use a Shindaiwa stick and works great worth the 250 i paid.

Steve's Lawn Care
05-09-2010, 12:02 AM
ive been down your road before.. i run only commercial stuff now. It may cost double or even triple but the stuff actully works and thats worth the money.

stew6371
05-09-2010, 12:36 AM
I do agree. I will be doing this parttime unless the business really takes off. There is a million people mowing in my area, so I dont know if I can get much business. In the event it doesnt work out, I didnt want to have this expensive equipment for my personal use. Probably the wrong way of thinking, so chaulk this up as mistake #1.

jasonw
05-09-2010, 01:28 AM
There is nothing wrong with TB products, care for them properly and follow the maintenance instructions and they will do you well. You may have gotten a defective edger. Take it back and exchange it. I dont use the edger attachment but I have the 4 stroke model and use the brush cutter and tiller attachments and it really kicks a$$. I love it.

gonecountry
05-09-2010, 03:19 AM
I had the same problem with the edger attachment I had with my troy bilt edger, so i took it back and learned how to edge with a string trimmer.

stew6371
05-09-2010, 07:30 AM
I like it as a trimmer. Does an awesome job. I think I will just take the edger back and get refund.

Steve
05-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Have you looked online for some local used commercial equipment? Maybe that would be helpful?

Steve's Lawn Care
05-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I do agree. I will be doing this parttime unless the business really takes off. There is a million people mowing in my area, so I dont know if I can get much business. In the event it doesnt work out, I didnt want to have this expensive equipment for my personal use. Probably the wrong way of thinking, so chaulk this up as mistake #1.

Well U have to start somewhere and everyone starts small just keep at it might take a few years till good money starts flowing in. But it will come if U work at it and do a better job for a few bucks less then everyone else

stew6371
05-09-2010, 11:21 PM
The edger wasnt the problem. It was the operator. Go figuere. LOL. I had to take the dust flap off of it and then it worked pretty good. My yard hasnt been truely edged in atleast 3 years. I have trimmed it, but lots of thick overgrowth. Looks pretty good now though.

stew6371
05-09-2010, 11:22 PM
There is nothing wrong with TB products, care for them properly and follow the maintenance instructions and they will do you well. You may have gotten a defective edger. Take it back and exchange it. I dont use the edger attachment but I have the 4 stroke model and use the brush cutter and tiller attachments and it really kicks a$$. I love it.

Have you ever used the pole saw and hedger attachments? I'm looking at those as well.

jasonw
05-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Have you ever used the pole saw and hedger attachments? I'm looking at those as well.

No, thus far just the trimmer that it came with, brush cutter and the tiller. All three work superbly. I want to get the pole saw but its not necessary. Maybe when I get a job that requires it I will go out and buy it.