PDA

View Full Version : Decisions Decisions

jklawncare
05-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I know there is tons of posts already but i feel like i cant relate to any of them..
I want a mower (preferrably under 2000) my area is flat..so i see no need for a floating deck..and id rather not use a zero turn..to many cons..if i do go with a zero turn..i want a deck in front and not underneath..

Im looking behing stand on and walk behinds

I cant seem to choose..i dont need a huge deck 36" would actually be about perfect..I dont have an abundance of customers so it isnt going to take hard abuse daily..maybe only 15 lawns a week..

If a decent zero turn does catch my eye at a good price and i know it will be as reliable i may consider it but its last on my list honestly..

if anyone could help out.. i know you are all probably tired of both me and people asking about mowers

the only thing is there is NO DEALERS in my area..if i have to ill take a drive to pick one up..but i dont wanna be driving 30-45 minutes from dealer to dealer wasting gas and time..the only thing locally is a ariens and toro (i believe its toro) and i will be stopping there..

mark123
05-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Craigslist has a lot of mowers in my area. Check for your area.

I bought a circa 2001 Toro Proline 36" walkbehind from a friend that also runs a mowing company a few years ago (I think in 2006) just to use to cut my father's lawn and my lawn. I paid $1300.

He outgrew it and now I am outgrowing the 36" walkbehind (man, am I hurting at the end of the week!) and am looking at a Toro Grandstand 52" to keep up with the accounts that seem to keep coming in!

Basically, it's smart to buy a well maintained used mower from a company like mine that is out growing their current equipment.

stew6371
05-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Most of our yards are small to medium. I would love to have a 26" mower but too expensive. For now, I will stick to my 21"

Steve's Lawn Care
05-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Well there is always room for your business to grow so dont thing to to small.. it sucks buying a smaller machine then out of now where your business grows over night lol happened to me and i no of a lot of others that it happened to.. Also even tho your yards are all flat a floating deck will still do a better job keeping an even cut over dips and bumps because no yard is perfect and U might get a yard someday that really needs a floating deck for a good finish so if U could find one in your price range id really recommend one.

jklawncare
05-09-2010, 07:28 AM
thanks guys..and ive been looking in craigslist both in my and my grandpas area..no luck whatsoever..there was one scag on there..he wanted like 4,500 and it was completely torn apart with lots of hours

CHEESE2009
05-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Never sick of hearing about mowers :D