PDA

View Full Version : Exmark 36" Turf Tracer HP problems

Fresh Cut
05-08-2010, 12:48 PM
I think the blades aren't spinning as fast as they should be. What could cause this?

I notice I have to go slower than I think I should be going even after I've sharpened blades. Do the spindles or bearings have anything to do with this? If so, what's the protocol for inspecting/checking them out?

A buddy of mine that's also an LCO suggested that the belt may need replacing. I'm puzzled and tired of cutting yards twice.

Steve's Lawn Care
05-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Id take it back to your dealer. Exmark ppl are very well trained and it will save U the headache and money of guessing and replacing parts that arnt the problem... But does the engine seem like its running as high of RPMs as it did when it was cutting good?

Fresh Cut
05-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Id take it back to your dealer. Exmark ppl are very well trained and it will save U the headache and money of guessing and replacing parts that arnt the problem... But does the engine seem like its running as high of RPMs as it did when it was cutting good?

I didn't buy it from a dealer, I bought it used. The dealer will charge me just to look at it and they'll probably need to keep it a few days which will put me out of commission because this is my primary mower.

I don't know what high RPM's would be. I mean I don't really have anything to compare it to. It's pretty much always cut the way it does now, at least since I've had it. The guy I bought it from didn't take care of it at all, he had it chained to a project car in the backyard, exposed to the weather.
I've replaced the belt since I bought it. Changed oil, new blades x3, new tire(rear), new pull start coil spring, new spark plugs, new air filter, new fuel filter..... all of this was over past 8 months.

I guess I do need to have someone look at it that knows what to expect from it. I'm not sure what to expect as far as it being it tip-top shape. I just wanted to ask you guys if there are any indicators or signs of wear that I could look for.

Fresh Cut
05-09-2010, 06:28 PM
here are some pics of the spark plugs I took out a few weeks ago.

One appears to be moist or wet, not sure with what. The other has pitted rust on the lead end that the boot attaches to.