PDA

View Full Version : about fliers ????

GreenBeast
05-06-2010, 09:44 PM
I just started out a few weeks ago, and am still new to the "Biz", hope to get some advice.
I would like to ask about fliers. I intend to get some made, but around here they are expensive and Ive not found any online to fit within my budget. I wonder if I could make a generic and print off printer myself???? However I am concerned about portraying a cheap non quality image. I need to get these fliers out, but I simply don't have the $ to spend on quality prints. Any suggestions? I already paid to get my cards and some signage. I would prefer door knocker fliers. Has anyone just printed any of the examples from this forum? And what kind of success did you have w/ them?

jklawncare
05-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Do what i did you get a Great response off of them

go to staples
buy 500 sheets of colored paper (pastel is better)
design a flyer with paint.net (freeware similar to photoshop and gimp)(gimp is also freeware)
upload it on a flash drive
take it to the office or kinkos..somewhere printing is cheap..and pring in good old B&W Just put your logo, a few key tings to draw in the reader,and contact info..if you want put a "This is how much a basic mow would cost you" box..i did it and got a great response

second option..slim them down to half a sheet..and cut all 500 out to make 1000
leave 2-2.5 inches on top and get a 1.5 inch hole punch at walmart or a hobby store and you got door flyers

check out the templates section on the site..lots of great ideas and flyers..

good luck oh
by the way
i made 1000 flyers for like 35.00$
and it was well worth it

Steve
05-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Thats a good idea.

Could you also use your business cards and go around handing them out or sticking them in doors?

GreenBeast
05-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Thats a good idea.

Could you also use your business cards and go around handing them out or sticking them in doors?

Yes I thought of that, however the business cards are small and not as noticeable as a flier, not to mention fliers are a lil cheaper :) I used neon colored 65 lb card stock paper and simple black ink, simple design, yet very noticeable, I also have placed some at the markets and merchants around town on the bulletin boards......

Steve
05-09-2010, 04:00 PM
The more people you talk to or are referred to the more people you will get to sign up with you.

How many of your neighbors, friends, family have you talked to about your new business? Does everyone you know, know about what you are doing?

MountainViewGreenskeeper
05-09-2010, 11:59 PM
I would look into vista print if your worried about the quality from doing it yourself.

Also I know your asking about flyers but I almost found the cheaper stuff goes a lot farther. Google Map, Blog Spot, Facebook, Yahoo.... etc. Just food for thought from someone with barely anymore experience than you in this. just started myself this past year.

GreenBeast
05-11-2010, 12:46 AM
I would look into vista print if your worried about the quality from doing it yourself.

Also I know your asking about flyers but I almost found the cheaper stuff goes a lot farther. Google Map, Blog Spot, Facebook, Yahoo.... etc. Just food for thought from someone with barely anymore experience than you in this. just started myself this past year.

Yes i am well aware of Vista Print, i have ordered cards from them b4 also got the magnets for my truck and van, lol the wife has a magnet on the back of her new Expedition now she didn't like that idea at first but hey what can I say, the more exposure the better. She don't mind it any more :)

personalgardens
05-11-2010, 08:12 AM
i have had a suprising amount of people hiit me back from craigslist