PDA

View Full Version : New to the Board!

ASUSAN48
05-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm a single parent trying to make ends meet - and rather than take a handout from the state, my kids and I are doing lawn work and housecleaning in addition to my full time job.

Any tips would be appreciated! We're definitely small-time, not a major operation, but we'd be grateful for any advice.

Steve
05-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Hi Susan,

Welcome to our forum!

That is great you are all able to work together! What kinds of things have you been doing thus far to get the word out about your business?

ASUSAN48
05-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi Steve -

So far, we've just designed our own flyers, emphasizing the upcoming summer activities and the need to get one's lawn in order for them. BBQ's, graduation open houses and the like.

We're slowly getting them posted in our small town and in neighboring communities. We're purchasing a zero-turn riding mower that needs minor repair this week, in hopes that we can pull in some larger jobs to utilize that. Even if we don't get the larger jobs, the mower is a steal ($75!), and we can use it for our own lawn or sell it for scrap if we can't find a way to get it running.

Steve
05-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Will you be getting business cards too?

How are you harnessing the kids to get the word out? I am sure they could be great at that.