PDA

View Full Version : Fictitious name

cleancutlawncare5382
05-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I got bad news back from the state today. I applied for Clean Cut Lawn Care business name last week, seems there is a LLC on the other side of the state with that name. So my request has been rejected.
I'm thinking of changing to Montgomery Lawn care. I wouldn't have to register with the state that way. Have to think on it awhile.

swstout
05-03-2010, 04:55 PM
I got bad news back from the state today. I applied for Clean Cut Lawn Care business name last week, seems there is a LLC on the other side of the state with that name. So my request has been rejected.
I'm thinking of changing to Montgomery Lawn care. I wouldn't have to register with the state that way. Have to think on it awhile.

How about "Montgomery Clean Cut Lawn Care Business"
Or "Clean Cut Lawn Care Business of Montgomery"?

Steve

cleancutlawncare5382
05-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah, Montogmery Clean Cut Lawn Care was my 2nd Choice. I like what statment the name sends but was afraid it might be a bit long. People writing checks may say "holly crap I have to use someone else just because I can't fit his name on my check" LOL. Another advantage to using my in is you don't have to rejester with the state.
I had a few others in my mind, which would you trust: A Plus Lawn Care, Dun Rite Lawn Care ? Any Thoughts?

NewLeafca
05-03-2010, 07:33 PM
How about "Clean Cut Montogmery" Lawn Care Dun Rite. Really I got no idea but I think that your right about the long name people don't like them.

The Cleaning Doctor
05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
The long name does not matter. Think about some companies that you know.

United Parcel Service = UPS
Federal Express = FedEx

When they merge it will become FedUp

United States Postal Service = USPS

Montgomery Clean Cut Lawn Care = MCCLC

Where it will get you is in printing prices. Flyers, cards etc.

You could go with

"Montgomery Organic Lawn Care - Mow and Fertilize Every Time"

http://greenlifesmartlife.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/googlegoats.jpg

Just kidding (no pun intended) thought it was funny