PDA

View Full Version : What kind of mower do you have?

renecooke87
05-02-2010, 06:27 PM
I am currently using a craftsman ys4500 48 in deck. it works great but i need something faster.

What kind of mower do you have/recommend?

Size of the deck?

Pros and cons please

I was looking at a scag mower but they are very pricy for me right now.

Thank you for your time

pj7714
05-02-2010, 07:18 PM
I`m just starting out currently using a 50" cub but when I`m able to upgrade I shooting for an exmark or hustler

picframer
05-02-2010, 09:41 PM
All of our ride on's are Deere, most are 48" decks as I find where we live most clients do not have nice flat lawns, we have a 60" 7 Iron deck on one, we also have finish mowers that are powered by the PTO, bush hogs and sickle bars.

What is important to me is serive and machines that give us and the client quality cuts and I find the Deer gear works excellent for us.

Steve's Lawn Care
05-02-2010, 11:19 PM
ive found that qualty of cut is the most important thing about any mower.. Speed is okay but having a machine that cuts amazing and eliminats double cutting will get U off the job faster and leave your customers very pleased. I get a good bit of new customers from other lawn companys because the home owners are upset that they go so fast that they dont do a good job. The way I see it is if U have 10 yards to do today no matter how fast U go your still gona be making the same money during the day, finishing up early doesnt make U any richer. just my opinion tho :D

jasonw
05-04-2010, 10:14 AM
I use a TB Pony. So far I love it. It has a 48" deck, 17.5HP "500cc" and 7 speed. My only real complaint about it is traction but I think that has more to do with the Turf saver tires than anything ells. The deck height is kind of annoying. Its 5 position with #5 being about 4 inches and #1 being about 2 inches under the dirt lol. I know there are adjustments on it and I am sure I can get a couple of more inches in height but haven't bothered with it yet. A month ago I mowed a property where the weeds were about 18" over the hood of my truck, about 5' tall and didn't have to much trouble at all other than about 2-3 stalls in the 8 hours it took to cut, I did the same property yesterday 3' tall this time in three hours with no stalls at al.

woodsmower
05-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I have a dixon ztr 4516 with a 50" deck... bought it because it was cheaper than others and it's been a decent mower.

F3Nelson
05-29-2010, 06:29 PM
36 inch Wright Stander
52 inch Great Dane

Ive owned a lot of mowers in my day, and these are by far the most effective, and deliver a great cut.