PDA

View Full Version : new here too

ACME LANDSCAPE CO
05-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Hey my name is Rich i bought this company in jan and was checking out the gopher tools... glad to be here !

Steve
05-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Hi Rich,

Welcome to our forum! What got you interested in buying a business?

ACME LANDSCAPE CO
05-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Hi Rich,

Welcome to our forum! What got you interested in buying a business?

Well I had an existing business and I was in the process of giving my business a makeover and then my mower broke. Was looking at the prices of new mowers and decided just to spend a few more thousand dollars and buy an exhisting business with a like new mower, truck ,trailer, and etc with accounts .
-Rich

Steve
05-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Rich,

What did you think of the process of buying accounts? Do you feel it was worthwhile and would you advise others to consider that avenue?

ACME LANDSCAPE CO
05-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Rich,

What did you think of the process of buying accounts? Do you feel it was worthwhile and would you advise others to consider that avenue?

Well I have bought accounts before and that experience didnt go so well .
But this business had some high end residential accounts and so far it is panning
out .

The only advice I can give as far as buying a business or accounts is that you really need to pay attention to the small details of the purchase.
Like making sure all the equipment is working and is worth the price.
And make sure your not buying a bunch of unhappy customers . This business i
just purchased had a quite a few unhappy ones . And I had to sell them on the fact that I can meet their needs.. Was A pain the *** but it is what it is.. nothings perfect.
you just have to make it work.

Steve
05-10-2010, 01:58 PM
How should one go about finding out if the customers are unhappy?

Well I have bought accounts before and that experience didnt go so well .

What kinds of things went wrong and how do you feel that experience prepared you for this time that you purchased these accounts?