PDA

View Full Version : Follow up flyers

cleancutlawncare5382
05-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I have two customers in a middle to upper income neighborhood. Got these by going door to door with flyers and introducing myself and offering services. First wave of flyers was about 4 to 5 weeks ago. I would like to gain more business in this area.
My question is how long would you wait or at what event would you remarket this area?

jymie
05-01-2010, 09:45 PM
I have two customers in a middle to upper income neighborhood. Got these by going door to door with flyers and introducing myself and offering services. First wave of flyers was about 4 to 5 weeks ago. I would like to gain more business in this area.
My question is how long would you wait or at what event would you remarket this area?

At the very least you should be leaving a flyer to the neighbors of the customers you currently have. Two houses on both sides of them, and all the homes across the street from those. Mention in the flyer that you currently service a neighbor, and since your already here, you could service them also. Try to advertise something different each time you flyer the same customers neighbors. Once a month I feel is sufficient. You could advertise things such as mulch installs, flower installs, flower bed weeding, driveway edging, lawn mowing etc. Come up with a different flyer dealing with each service you provide. Hope this helps.

TeamDynamic
05-01-2010, 11:02 PM
At the very least you should be leaving a flyer to the neighbors of the customers you currently have. Two houses on both sides of them, and all the homes across the street from those. Mention in the flyer that you currently service a neighbor, and since your already here, you could service them also. Try to advertise something different each time you flyer the same customers neighbors. Once a month I feel is sufficient. You could advertise things such as mulch installs, flower installs, flower bed weeding, driveway edging, lawn mowing etc. Come up with a different flyer dealing with each service you provide. Hope this helps.

The "Sorry About the Noise" flyer in the lawn care template section has worked pretty good for us

cleancutlawncare5382
05-04-2010, 09:21 PM
The "Sorry About the Noise" flyer in the lawn care template section has worked pretty good for us

WOW!

I used the “Sorry about the noise flyer today”. I increased my business by 133%. I was mowing and seen a neighbor outside so I handed him one. He said no trouble when can you start. He would like me to quote the mother-in-law also.
As I was packed up and leaving I handed one to the other neighbor. She you do nice work would I take care of her before leaving.

Thanks TeamDynamic for the advice.

Steve
05-05-2010, 02:06 AM
I used the “Sorry about the noise flyer today”. I increased my business by 133%. I was mowing and seen a neighbor outside so I handed him one.

Do you keep these flyers on you or in your truck? How often do you find yourself handing them out now?

cleancutlawncare5382
05-05-2010, 09:23 AM
I printed up 10 before leaving for the job so I had them in the truck. You can bet I will have a few in the truck from now on.

I have a single client job in three other neighborhoods and plan to work the cloverleaf with the “ Sorry about the Noise flyer”. I will keep you posted on the effectiveness in these other areas.

Steve
05-05-2010, 12:58 PM
I will keep you posted on the effectiveness in these other areas.

Please do!

When you see other neighbors out, how do you go about approaching them and try to get them to sign up?

cleancutlawncare5382
05-05-2010, 02:12 PM
The group of people I have approached this year (maybe 150) either need services or they don’t. No fence riders yet, no talking them into anything. I’m luck so far.

When I see them outside which has been a higher success rate VS answering the door. I try to display professionalism and be polite. From there it’s all about active listening. It can be a little unnerving to approach someone but I try to be confident w/out be pushy.
Seems to work for me.

Steve
05-05-2010, 03:40 PM
When I see them outside which has been a higher success rate VS answering the door. I try to display professionalism and be polite. From there it’s all about active listening. It can be a little unnerving to approach someone but I try to be confident w/out be pushy.
Seems to work for me.

The fact that they are out and you are out at the same time can be a great thing.

Do you find that you can point out other yard issues you could assist with if the neighbor is not looking for lawn care at the moment?

Or can you suggest these services in addition to lawn care?

cleancutlawncare5382
05-05-2010, 08:34 PM
The fact that they are out and you are out at the same time can be a great thing.

Do you find that you can point out other yard issues you could assist with if the neighbor is not looking for lawn care at the moment?

Or can you suggest these services in addition to lawn care?

Two of the four (50%) of my new customers gained yesterday needed other services. Both had debris piled in the back corning of their property and asked if I could haul it away. And I bid my first gutter job tonight, I haven’t heard back yet. May have bid a little high. 2 story house with about 115 feet of gutter. I quoted $100. We will see.

TeamDynamic
05-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Two of the four (50%) of my new customers gained yesterday needed other services. Both had debris piled in the back corning of their property and asked if I could haul it away. And I bid my first gutter job tonight, I haven’t heard back yet. May have bid a little high. 2 story house with about 115 feet of gutter. I quoted $100. We will see.

That's cheap. We usually charge $1 per foot on first floor and $2 per foot on 2nd floor

Organic Ken
05-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Steve, where is the “ Sorry about the Noise flyer”? I've searched in the lawn Care Template section several times but I cannot find it. thanks for the help

jymie
05-06-2010, 03:54 AM
Steve, where is the “ Sorry about the Noise flyer”? I've searched in the lawn Care Template section several times but I cannot find it. thanks for the help

Here is the location of that flyer. It is in the group in post #1

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7200&page=2

cleancutlawncare5382
05-06-2010, 09:36 AM
That's cheap. We usually charge $1 per foot on first floor and $2 per foot on 2nd floor

Yeah, I wasn’t sure how to bid the gutters – never done it before. I was shooting for $1 a foot with a small discount. Just a way to get started and learn from my mistakes. Thanks for the info. That gives me a great base line for future quotes.