PDA

View Full Version : Sales Pitch

CHEESE2009
05-01-2010, 01:53 AM
When you are called to visit a client & explain your service, what do you say to convince them into hiring you?

Here is something I recommend, (The Breeze Way);

"Your lawn is going to be beautiful once I get started on it. This is a great location for me to build up in - so we want your lawn to really stand out! I want it to be perfect! This lawn is going to be great for my advertising, & soon enough your neighbors will be bugging you for my card!"

The client feels like #1

When they understand you want their lawn to be used for advertising purposes by the quality of your work, you have a high chance of hooking them. Though, you can say this to just about everyone!

For streets where I can't say, "I really want to build up here"

I say,

"I have quite a few lawns on this street, & they all HAVE to look their best!
I love this area, it's a high priority one for me - & I need all of these lawns to be perfect!"

What's your pitch?

picframer
05-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Perhaps I am a little too direct but it works and it could be my personality as this will not work for everyone, my closing is, "Did I cover everything, do you have any questions, when were you thinking of having us start" I would guess 90% of the time they say one week, two weeks etc. sometimes they say I need to speak to my other half, "Great, may I join you as she/he may have questions we did not discuss", when I go after the business if it's something we really want, the staff can tell you I walk away with an agreement.

NewLeafca
05-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Perhaps I am a little too direct but it works and it could be my personality as this will not work for everyone, my closing is, "Did I cover everything, do you have any questions, when were you thinking of having us start" I would guess 90% of the time they say one week, two weeks etc. sometimes they say I need to speak to my other half, "Great, may I join you as she/he may have questions we did not discuss", when I go after the business if it's something we really want, the staff can tell you I walk away with an agreement.

Glad that as a newbie I'm doing it like and old pro. That is like my closing too. I also use all organic products on the lawn and this is a big selling point here in Southern CA. It makes them feel like they are saving the earth. Really it's just so I don't have to get a license for chemicals or hire someone who has one.