PDA

View Full Version : Lawn care customers taking advantage

desertgreen
05-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Hi I just recently bought 35 lawn accounts with mowers and truck everything has been going great so far, but there is this one customer who always calls me that she needs a sprinkler repaired or for any other little thing and i always go and do the work at no extra charge, should i start charging her I dont know what to do I need help

Thanks

jklawncare
05-01-2010, 03:30 AM
if it takes atleast 10-15 minutes id charge her your hourly rate..it may only be a few bucks..but if its a constant thing it will add up. for example i had a container i kept change in..after 3 months..i have 47.81 in change..its the little things that add up

time is money and that is true. dont go charging her obscene amounts for little tasks..keep it simple..

picframer
05-01-2010, 06:21 AM
As with everything in life there is a line in the sand, I have some clients we will do more for than others, could be the size of the contract, super nice people and you just want to do a little something to show you appreciate their business etc. at the same time it's that old saying "Give them an Inch and they will take a mile" after all we all have to eat, there are many times when we simply say, thank you for your call, our rate for .......... will be $xx.xx, they will either say sure or ok don't bother. If we have to make a service call for something in life, it comes with a charge, our business should be no different.

NewLeafca
05-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi I just recently bought 35 lawn accounts with mowers and truck everything has been going great so far, but there is this one customer who always calls me that she needs a sprinkler repaired or for any other little thing and i always go and do the work at no extra charge, should i start charging her I dont know what to do I need help

Thanks

Just wondering if you bought the accounts were they already under a contract? I do have a service in my contracts that includes irrigation maintenance. However, in the contract it is stated exactly what is and isn't include with the service. If it is anything beyond that it cost extra.