PDA

View Full Version : XM or Sirius?

Steve
07-27-2006, 05:47 AM
XM radio is in trouble and the company may be up for grabs. Shares of XM radio are down 60% this year! Down 60% is a lot !!!! They have spent so much to try and reach critical mass it's unknown if they will reach it and if they will be able to dig themselves out of this current hole!

Have you purchased a satellite radio lately? Which type did you go with? If you were to buy one would you go XM or Sirius? Why?

XM faces the music (http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/26/commentary/mediabiz/index.htm) - With shares of XM Satellite Radio sinking near a three-year low, is the company now a tempting takeover target?

tiedeman
07-27-2006, 02:18 PM
I called it!!! *I said something like this was going to happen to XM radio. *

I used to have XM radio for about 6 months, I cancelled the subscription. *It was actually a pretty good service. *The only reason that I cancelled was because I got a new vehicle and didn't want to install it in the new vehicle.

tiedeman
07-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Post (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=2394;hl=xm+radio)

Ok, I didn't call it for XM. *I said that Sirus was in trouble

Steve
07-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Well, it's a good thing you didn't put any money into XM's stock!

Do you think they could turn this around if they were bought about by another investor or company with deep pockets?

tiedeman
07-27-2006, 05:13 PM
I personally think that they need to just slowly build the customer base up. The company is still young. Perhaps team up with automobile companies and sell their product that way.

Howard Roark
07-28-2006, 10:55 PM
I would say for the stations that I liked, Sirius just had better ones. I had no idea they were that low however....

Someone will surely buy em' up.

Steve
07-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Quote[/b] ]Someone will surely buy em' up.
Maybe it's just what they need to refocus and grow.

bladesandblooms
08-01-2006, 07:46 PM
I have XM in the wife's car and to be honest I will add the service to my "work" truck just as soon as I can "rep" my radio from my buddy who I let borrow it...lol There is nothing I hate more than listening to a channel and then static (traditional radio), I love the fact of crystal clear reception with the satellite radio. I can only speak for XM as that's what we have, no experience with sirius....as always, your mileage may vary ;)

Brad
Blades & Blooms, LLC