PDA

View Full Version : I'm Tired

CHEESE2009
04-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Usually when the weather changes like it has been, I find it difficult to "wake up".

I like to be up by at least 7AM, & be at my first lawn by 8AM.

The problem is, I feel more tired than I did last year. Though the season is JUST starting & I have to adapt.

The thing is, what do you guys do in order to make it through the day?

When do you go to bed/wake up?

Do you drink coffee?

When I wake up on days I don't work, I require coffee.

When I have lawns to mow, I can't drink coffee. I find that it really drys me out. Instead I drink Coke to get my caffeine fix.

So besides going to bed early, what else can a guy do to wake up feeling fresh & ready to tackle the work load?

The toughest part in the day is right after the alarm, that stage where you have to pull your arse out of bed - when all you want to do is sleep an extra 24 hours. lol

My bed is comfier in the morning than at night, I'm sure it is for all of us... what a pain... lol

I'll be one year older in a few days, though I'm still young. My knees have been aching & the whole package.

What I have seen & tried.

If you drink a ton of water before bed, you'll wake up early & energized as you run to the washroom.

It works sometimes, other than that my mind asks this question,
"If I close my eyes now, I might piss myself... let's give that a shot"

D.L.M.
04-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Try to get a regular sleep pattern going. In the winter I work at night shoveling snow and then in the spring I cant get to bed at a decent time to start work at 7am. A friend recommended taking Melatonin to help get a proper sleep cycle going and it worked. Melatonin is a all natural and is the chemical in the brain that regulates sleep. You can have some crazy dreams while taking this stuff but you get a good nights sleep and dont have the drowsiness you do when taking sleeping pills. I don'd know where you live but here in Canada it is an over the counter purchase at any drugstore.

Hope it helps!

CHEESE2009
04-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Appreciate the info!

Where abouts are you in Canada?

gonecountry
05-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Grandpa's old cough medicine usually works for me:D

D.L.M.
05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm located in Beaumont Alberta, about 15min south of Edmonton.

picframer
05-04-2010, 10:28 PM
I get up at 5, put the coffee on and take the dog for a walk, home by 5:30 to 5:45, feed the dog and have coffee, read the forums, answer emails, staff arrive at 6:30 and out by 7 and we head to the coffee shop, not all staff come here but we all meet at Tim's, leave there by 7:45 and on sites around 8, sometimes we meet for lunch but not very often anymore as we have so much on the go.

Might have an Ice Capp in the afternoon, never drink coffee during the day or evening.

psparaco
05-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Jessica and I usually turn into bed at 12 which is in 5 min lol. we get up at 8-8:15am. I take our daughter to school at 8:45am and come back home. Jess eats breakfast and watches a little tv then gets dressed. I go thru the emails and prepare my worksheets for the the day at the same time of eating breakfast. I rarely drink coffee any more. We head out between 9:30-10am. Hit the store for cigs and red bulls and head to our first property. We manage to knock out 14-18 lawns by 2:30pm and usually take lunch then. so lunch from 2:30-3pm 3pm go home. then i go pick up our daughter from school at 3:15pm and the days over. if we have more lawns to mow. we try to get one of my daughter's friend's parent to watch her til 5 so we can finish out our schedule. At night little one goes to bed at 9pm. after that 930-12am is doing paperwork for me and my game apps facebook and myspace and getting invoices printed out. usually around 7-8pm at night i am sometimes driving back out to put the invoices in client's mailbox so they know we were there. thats about it. time for bed. lol.

NewLeafca
05-05-2010, 12:49 AM
I am up at 6:00 am every day even on my days off. If you get up at the same time every morning makes it easier. I usually go to bed at 10:00 pm everyday. However, since I have started this business it has been getting later at night. To much paperwork and bookkeeping that I don't understand or no how to do. I need to make some money soon so I can hire an accountant.

Drink coffee every morning but after that I am done with it. While working I drink lots of water. To hot here to drink anything else. I only eat breakfast (a real one with pancakes, grits, eggs, bacon, etc.) and then dinner. Don't eat much during the day it just slows me down.

I'll be one year older in a few days, though I'm still young. My knees have been aching & the whole package.

Me too in 11 days. Happy B-day

workdog
08-09-2010, 12:45 AM
I try to be in bed by 11:00 PM or so. And up by 6:00AM.

We go through a lot of coffee here, pretty much all day everyday. Around 2-3 12 cup pots. I drink half of it and my buddy drinks the rest.

When its not coffee, its Diet Coke. I drink alot of that.
Every now and then a RockStar or Monster but they dont seem to give me a energy boost, I just like the taste.