PDA

View Full Version : I woke up this morning and announced "ah, this is going to be a short day"

mark123
04-28-2010, 07:37 PM
The good news is the day was longer because I picked up a new lawn directly next door to an existing customer! Woot!

The bad news is my weed whacker gave up the ghost this morning on the new lawn. I didn't have a backup because it was my backup that I've been trying to get by with. :p I've been planning to buy a new whacker but never got around to it. Well, guess what? I got around to it real quick today! :lol:

So, I finish up the new lawn think of the most horrific thing to do to my old whacker. Maybe taking it to the shooting range or lighting it on fire would be good. Then I run to do a few other lawns and tell them I'll return to weed whack. Then I head up to my local Echo dealer (11 miles north). He's a chatty fellow so it took about an hour longer than it could have but I didn't mind, the day was already shot. I drive back south and hit the edges that I skipped and flipped out an old lady that was sure that I was there earlier (I was but she thought she was losing her mind or something, lol). I got done at 6PM when the plan was finishing at 3PM. Oh, well.

I got a new lawn and a new whacker (Echo SRM265). I'm $350 lighter but the new whacker should increase productivity. It's much stronger than my old whacker.

I'm never going to announce "short days", "good days", or "money falling from the sky days" ever again. :p

Steve
04-29-2010, 06:14 PM
LOL you feel like you jinxed yourself a little bit?

How did you manage to land that new lawn account right next door? Those are always the best ones to get.

mark123
04-29-2010, 08:02 PM
LOL you feel like you jinxed yourself a little bit? HAHA, I guess I did.

How did you manage to land that new lawn account right next door? Those are always the best ones to get. I was doing a really extra perfect job on the customer's lawn. It took about an extra hour. This unfertilized and weedy lawn decided to grow about 8 inches in one week. I had to double cut and bag the grass to make it look presentable. What a mess!

The lady that owned the next door just happened to be visiting the customer's house and asked for a price. Her son had been trying to cut the lawn for the past week and it just wasn't going to happen. lol He'd do a few swipes with a push mower and give up. There were rows of clippings about a foot high. HAHAHA!!

Steve
04-30-2010, 11:01 AM
lol He'd do a few swipes with a push mower and give up. There were rows of clippings about a foot high. HAHAHA!!

You can't beat that kind of service LOL