PDA

View Full Version : How to predict the next booming economic area

MJK
08-01-2006, 05:09 PM
I was thinking about moving my business out of SE Michigan because of the problems with the big three. I have been trying to find another area in the country that is booming or about to boom like it did in SE Michigan in the 90's. Many landscaping companies started during this boom and now there multi million dollar organizations. I want to do what they did some were else. Many say not to leave because this area goes in cycles, in the late 80's in was bad then boom it blow up. I don't know what to do, ride it out or move on?

Steve
08-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi MJK,

Different geographic regions can definitely effect our business in positive and negative ways.

My first question to you is where would you go next? How easy or difficult would that move be for you and why would you move there?

It could be very possible that what is going on in your area is going on across the country or will be in time.

If the economy is going to be slowing down, are there other things you could be doing to take advantage of the economic situation?

I tend to think, where ever you go, there you are. You still need to make the best of where you are. Figure out how to make the best of things always.

tiedeman
08-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I say move over to the Grand Rapids area

Steve
08-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Quote[/b] ]I say move over to the Grand Rapids area
Why there?

tiedeman
08-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Grand Rapids is the second largest city in Michigan. Also along the west coast of Michigan is where the money is at. Not only is the economy booming over there, but amazing school systems there

tiedeman
08-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Grand Rapids (http://www.grand-rapids-michigan.com/)