PDA

View Full Version : Mini Invoices

CHEESE2009
04-27-2010, 12:40 PM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/invoice.jpg

If printed on sturdy paper, they don't look half bad.

The only problem is what the heck to do with em' ?

Too small for mailboxes!

I might make them a bit taller in length and cut it so they hang off of door nobs.

Just trying to save time by printing 9 per sheet.

CHEESE2009
04-27-2010, 05:46 PM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/invoicemini.jpg

Photo Paper, looks AMAZING!

SuperiorPower
04-28-2010, 04:34 AM
If I were going to do that I would make a "list" of the services and place check boxes in front of each service. Then you could just check off the services performed.

Steve
04-28-2010, 11:13 AM
That's a great idea!

Also would they work well as post-it notes? With the sticky on the back?

CHEESE2009
04-28-2010, 05:35 PM
I can't write up a list of services because I might be adding newer ones eventually, & I'd hate to have to re-print them all, lol. I like how it's "compact" sized, hahaha.

As for the sticky note idea... I like it, though I'm worried about the wind.

A client could say, "I never got the invoice" as an excuse if I didn't drop it in their mailbox.

Maybe for advertisements, but not invoices.

I bought a machine to make door hangers with, should be an exciting 2011 if I actually need to advertise then.

I could use sticky notes for my garden maintenance, when the job is done a little sticky note saying, "we were here" would be a nice touch.

ANYWAY, I found something out... Blue & Purple look amazing together. lol....

Little's
04-28-2010, 11:06 PM
I saw a local company with 3x5 size carbon copy paper that said "We were here on...." "We performed these services..." "Call us if you have any questions". etc.
The nice thing about that is if there is any debate about showing up, or what was done, with the copies, they have an easy record to look back on. I was thinking about doing the same, but Id have to go to a printing service to have it done.

SuperiorPower
04-29-2010, 06:40 AM
I can't write up a list of services because I might be adding newer ones eventually, & I'd hate to have to re-print them all, lol. I like how it's "compact" sized, hahaha.

ok, how about this. You could have one for each primary service and check boxes for each secondary service. Example, you could have one for mowing then have a check box each for trimming, blowing, edging, etc. I know that would look a lot neater than MY handwriting!

CHEESE2009
04-29-2010, 08:28 AM
I know that would look a lot neater than MY handwriting!

Hahahaha!!! I have no hand writing... I find if I write my words on an angle & in Capital letters, I can get away with it.

I have received compliments on my hand writing... but I know it took me 1000 minutes to write each letter. LMAO.

Steve
04-29-2010, 06:40 PM
How about on the back of a business card, maybe with a blank section to fill in additional services? Would that work?

psparaco
04-29-2010, 09:21 PM
i considered the idea of using post it notes to let my customers know i was there. but at the end of the day. i come home. select which jobs i completed on my "GOPHER SOFTWARE". generate all the invoices and pass them out that night in everyone's mailbox. they know what date my fiance and i was there.( btw my fiance jessica is the one who does 90% of the mowing. I trim, edge and cleanup unless larger lawns i mow the front then do the weeding) when the money is due. they also know i charge a late fee if not paid within 5 days from the invoice. the invoice the way i have it set up says i mowed, trimmed, edged and cleaned up. very awesome software Steve. i am sooooooo glad i bought it. it is helping my business look more professional and streamlines my work 10 fold. no way i could have done this last year with as many clients as i have now. last year 2009, i had 19 clients. this year SO FAR, i have 40. and every day we are out mowing, a neighbor or someone walking their dog or just walking stops us and asks how much we charge and i just hand them a flyer and tell them to call us when they make a decisiion or get their name and number and call them that night when i have more time. and i have signed up every single one of them. out of 439 flyers passed out door to door. i have signed 30 clients so far. and its not even May yet. i think we are growing quite nicely. i work monday thru thursday mowing and have fridays set aside for landscape projects like gutter cleaning, bush removals, lawn renovations, etc. and every week since april 1st. i have been working on fridays. my first friday off may be May 14th but i am sure someone will want an estimate for more side jobs to perform. I have a 12 foot tall hedge i have to trim down to 6 ft tomororow. rented a pole hedge trimmer from home depot for the day to tackle that bad boy. also have to seed some bare spots on their property. next week we have a pressure washing project. again i am renting that as well. unless i have a need for something more than 5 times. only then will i buy it. 1-2 times a month i just rent it. well sorry to go off topic just wanted to let you all know why i havent been on the forum as much. well time to finish some paperwork and get things ready for tomrorow. happy landscaping all.

paul

CHEESE2009
04-29-2010, 09:21 PM
How about on the back of a business card, maybe with a blank section to fill in additional services? Would that work?

It would work, but I'm trying to be innovative - that still doesn't make sense lol.

I like to send my clients a different looking "thing" every now & then.

One day my Invoices will be on Hummers & Cadillacs as I send them to customers, JUST KIDDING! Frig that.

I kinda like this tiny card, though that's it's fault in a way.

I received envelopes full of cash in the mail today, I'm impressed with my customers. Saved me some time!

renecooke87
04-29-2010, 10:03 PM
use gopher haul software...once you get use to it its great..its best to be as professional as you can be.

TeamDynamic
04-29-2010, 11:04 PM
use gopher haul software...once you get use to it its great..its best to be as professional as you can be.

I agree. The software does all the hard work for us. It keeps track of all services performed and with the click of a button we send out our invoices monthly. It helps give you a professional look

Steve
04-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Scott,

Keep us posted on the response you get from them.