PDA

View Full Version : tree limb removal

stew6371
04-26-2010, 11:02 PM
How do you bid a tree limb removal job when the limbs are already on the ground, you just have to remove them? Thanks

JP Landscaping
04-26-2010, 11:17 PM
the time it will take you to remove them times your hourly rate plus a disposal fee.

Take a chainsaw if they are big and just hack away at it.

Steve
04-27-2010, 12:01 PM
I agree. Do you have any pics of the job? How long do you feel it will take you and do you have the tools to cut up the limbs?

stew6371
04-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks JP. Steve, I dont have any pics. I work with a guy that mentioned he had a bunch of limbs to get rid before he could install his fence. I was thinking about offering to do it.

JP Landscaping
04-27-2010, 10:43 PM
good idea to offer your services when you can. as for my other post, if you don't have a chainsaw, you can rent one. Home depot rents tools.

good luck

CaseyLawnCare
05-11-2010, 03:59 AM
i Just stared to do this and i think you will like it.

i started a deal with a local firewood reseller company. i bring them all the wood a remove and sale it to them for a small profit.

in you case it would be very easy charge what you need, haul it to a firewood reseller if you can maker a deal with one and turn a profit off the wood you would be taking to the land fill.

Its a very simple thing that can end up help you a ton.

This is the deal i have. i get weight at the location. drop the lumber.
and make 0.35 per lbs.

so you do the math i bring a ton of wood to them and make 700. or i can pay the land fill about 400-500 for the dump.

Sorry but i had a big smile on my face when i made this deal.

I hope this can help anyone else out.

Steve
05-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Which would be more worth while to you. To drop off the wood like that or to cut it up and sell it to home owners?

MountainViewGreenskeeper
05-11-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm probably saying the same thing as other but just bid time and disposal. If the you can get some firewood out of it great, if you can make a profit off of it great(cnt here really). But charge as if you cant get anything for the wood. What happens if you cant get ride of it or all of it atleast.

Where is a dump fee 400 to 500 bucks thats insane??? did you mean 40-50 cause its 35$ a ton here for green/normal trash and 40$ for palm trees.

Gls
10-09-2011, 07:58 AM
A lady wants me to move 30-40 pine sections that have been limbed and cut into sections that are 6-12' and 6-18" in diameter; there are 2 or so that have not been cut up. She wants two quotes:

First, clean up back yard that has not been mowed in a year, mostly weeds, lots of sticks from hardwoods overhead and from trees down; and, Move all big log sections behind uncut trunks about 15-35 yards to the rear.

and/or

Haul all debris away. I have a 1/2ton truck and 6x12 3500lbs trailer. figure it will take about 3-4 trips b/c of weight. I can back the truck up to some and trailer within 20 yards.

Please help! property is fairly flat. I am thinking $600 for clean up and $850 for haul away. am i way too cheap?

Gls
10-09-2011, 08:27 AM
these are a few pics. If not hauled off, all debris need to be put behind the uncut trunks.

dclawnfl
10-09-2011, 12:26 PM
these are a few pics. If not hauled off, all debris need to be put behind the uncut trunks.

can u burn in a fireplace?if so u can double your rep with ur customer and make money on both ends.

Gls
10-09-2011, 02:36 PM
It is a elderly couple that has a stack of wood that's been their for a few years it seems so I don't think they will want if. I have a log splurged so I will keep firewood worthy material and have a place to dump the rest free.

Any ideas on a price?

Steve
10-10-2011, 11:34 AM
What is your estimate on how long this would take you to perform? Any dump fees involved?

Gls
10-10-2011, 12:02 PM
I ended up telling her it will be $50 an hour(i estimate 8 hours), $300 for hauling and disposal, if hauled i told her I estimate an additional 5-6 hours labor because we will be cutting up a few trunks that we would otherwise not have to deal with + travel time to dispose. I think it is going to take 3-4 trip to dispose(3-4hrs travel time total).

I figure its going to cost me 10hrs in labor and $100 in gas. It will be a perfect property to take before and after pics for a new website though, and trying to sell reseeding the area i am clearing(she wants to wait until spring :confused: ). I am going to meet with her later this week. It is a great opportunity to help an elderly vet, get exposure, make a little money while its slow.

EDIT: ^ this doesn't include my time, i know; so, 26 Total labor hours!
I plan to try and use some for firewood; I should be able to dispose of rest free.