PDA

View Full Version : Here is a new jobsite

picframer
04-26-2010, 10:44 PM
We are building the walkway properly, it was built two years ago by another company however itís all wrong.

Took over the lawn care from another company as the client has spent thousands, we are adding top soil to level then 18 yards of turf dressing, they will have a golf course looking lawn in 6 to 8 weeks.

Installing a drain, believe it or not this is what another company did for a drain last year, my son dug it properly with the 17D excavator

stew6371
04-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Its no wonder you stay so busy. Awesome work done right.

picframer
04-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Its no wonder you stay so busy. Awesome work done right.

Thanks Bud, here is the Top Soil and Turf dressing, I should have added we are seeding and spraying also, the client called tonight as they were shocked at the work done and didn't believe it was only my son and one helper that did it all, this is when equipment really pays for itself, what took them 7 hours would be four to five days by hand for 2 guys

Steve
04-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi Andy,

Great pictures.

I have seen plenty of properties with walkway issues. Overtime they can be less walkways and more deathtraps. One I know of in particular is a brick walkway that is bordered with railroad ties. Over time the brick had settled about 2-3 inches.

When you walk down a path or stairway, you don't expect raised borders. Especially in the dark, you can really trip on them.

Was that the issue with these stairs and walkway?

What did you have to do to correct it?

picframer
04-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi Andy,

Great pictures.

I have seen plenty of properties with walkway issues. Overtime they can be less walkways and more deathtraps. One I know of in particular is a brick walkway that is bordered with railroad ties. Over time the brick had settled about 2-3 inches.

When you walk down a path or stairway, you don't expect raised borders. Especially in the dark, you can really trip on them.

Was that the issue with these stairs and walkway?

What did you have to do to correct it?

They are not flat. the ties are a joke, there is no clear stone or sand under them, no landscape fabric, just really poor work and we see this every day.

We started at 8 but the skies opened up at 11, three of us in three hours got the clear stone in for the walkway, now ready for sand and the compactor, drain pipe installed and covered, started to grade the driveway but it was raining so hard I had to stop, guys have most of the turf dressing down, couldn't roll, seed or spray today.

We are moving the clients baby barn and placing it on clear rock for drainage as it's starting to rot, this was our idea, they asked for a quote and I gave them one, they laughed and said do it, man that is cheap, I thought $400.00 was reasonable as I can move it in 30 min, we do this a lot.

It's been 16+ hour days for the past week, I am honestly beat, going to have a cold one and a rest with my dog!

Byron3243
04-27-2010, 08:26 PM
I know this isnt exactly your topic, But what is lawn dressing? I have been a full time excavator for 10 yrs with a part time lawn care business and have graded hundreds of lawns but never heard of lawn dressing. I am from Virginia and am wondering if that is maybe something I should get into.

picframer
04-27-2010, 08:33 PM
I know this isnt exactly your topic, But what is lawn dressing? I have been a full time excavator for 10 yrs with a part time lawn care business and have graded hundreds of lawns but never heard of lawn dressing. I am from Virginia and am wondering if that is maybe something I should get into.

Some call it turf dressing, it's in short giving a lawn that is desperate sick a major dosage of organic steroids and will bring it back to a golf course looking lawn in w few weeks but it's very expensive to do.

Steve
04-28-2010, 12:04 PM
How are you going to move the barn?

picframer
04-28-2010, 07:46 PM
How are you going to move the barn?

Wrap two starps around it that we use to hold the equipment and lift it with the excavator, works excellent

Steve
04-29-2010, 07:17 PM
I'd never even think of that! Can you take some pictures of that process? That would be neat to see. That excavator sure is handy!

picframer
04-29-2010, 07:19 PM
I'd never even think of that! Can you take some pictures of that process? That would be neat to see. That excavator sure is handy!

Sure will, I think the guys are doing it tomorrow, having my son run the crews has taken a major amount of heat off me and he is amazing with the excavators and will be doing this, takes about 30 min for a shall shed.

Steve
04-30-2010, 11:52 AM
That is fantastic seeing you two work together like that.

I am looking forwards to your pictures as well.