PDA

View Full Version : lawn prices

kkkkkkk
04-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi I am running ads on craigs list and now am getting emails from a local guy nocking prices i advertise $20 for small yards and they take me 15-20 min the yard size is usally 3000 sq ft or so do you think this is to low. I wont get any jobs if i go higher on these small yards as people in the area are charging 15 as Ive seen on craigs list let me no what you think as Im thinking of rreporting this gut to cl as i dont need harassment from people

stevef1201
04-26-2010, 04:20 PM
remember one or two little things. the guy who is charging 15 bucks will probibly not be there next month. he is doing this only to make money while looking for a job. ohters will not be there because they cannot afford to shell out repair costs on thier broken down equipment. charge what ou feel is good, do an outstanding job, you will keep your customers and pick up thiers.

MAKLawnCutter
04-26-2010, 07:07 PM
I charge by the Minute... If you are planning on making a living with lawns, i would charge by the minute... Which it seems you are doing. And i agree, anyone doing a 15$ lawn cut, wont be around next month!

Matt

mark123
04-26-2010, 07:29 PM
I've got a couple of 2000 sq ft lawns that I mow for $15 each. :shrug:

TeamDynamic
04-26-2010, 09:00 PM
I've got a couple of 2000 sq ft lawns that I mow for $15 each. :shrug:

There's nothing wrong with a 15 dollar cut as long as you can do it in 15 minutes or less. I would not go any lower than 15 dollars. Usually you want to make at least a dollar a minute.

kkkkkkk
04-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks guys i was beginning to second guess myself also today i bid on two 2/3 of a acar i got a call back on one and said the prices where high so i asked him what kind of prices he was getting and he said around 35 seems a little low to me and anouther was about the same maybee a little smaller but it was just a empty lot so i bid it lower at 40 because there is no trimming or nothing dident get that one either said i was to high i am new to this but have done alot of recerch on this forum and i no im at a going rate but it sure seems the rate here in WI is alot lower now that the economy is down any input on that

Steve
04-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Could you show us what was he writing you? I am guessing he runs a lawn caer business?

kkkkkkk
04-27-2010, 10:21 PM
actually it was a bid i gave to a customer and i asked what rates he was getting from other companys and he told me $35 for 2/3 of a acor thats now 3 jobs i heard of

lawnguync
04-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Hey Bud, I'm not a pro, in fact I'm just starting out myself, once you get a yes from a bid it will hype you up and make you feel more comfortable to stand firm for the next bid. Dont let them fool you, they need you just as much as you need them, make them feel comfortable and dont be afraid to let them know your just starting out but work your butt off and give them a little extra so that they wont hessitate to call you next week.

good luck homie

GreenBeast
04-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys i was beginning to second guess myself also today i bid on two 2/3 of a acar i got a call back on one and said the prices where high so i asked him what kind of prices he was getting and he said around 35 seems a little low to me and anouther was about the same maybee a little smaller but it was just a empty lot so i bid it lower at 40 because there is no trimming or nothing dident get that one either said i was to high i am new to this but have done alot of recerch on this forum and i no im at a going rate but it sure seems the rate here in WI is alot lower now that the economy is down any input on that

Sound like you and I are in the same boat. I too am having this problem. However it could be people know I am a new business owner and try to take advantage of that. I may be learning and all but I'm not going let anyone walk over me just so I can make a dollar or two. That's about what my profit margin would be if I was to go that cheap.
Idk just my thought, please correct me if I am thinking wrong.

townneckmowing
04-30-2010, 07:09 PM
I don't advertise prices...anyone else advertise prices?

The lowest I will go is $25. and all of then are close by, small and weekly. It takes about 30 to 40 mins. to cut.

The guys charging $15. are not in it for the long run.