PDA

View Full Version : north georgia company getting started

pvplus
04-25-2010, 11:35 PM
but not from scratch, i have 4 steady clients and a few now and again ones. i work with a guy who has 15+ years exp. So between his schedule and my clients the funds are there. i recently aquired a contract that goes in effect in may; a child daycare. the clovers and other weeds have set in well due to lack of attention from former contractor. i really want to impress the owner and could really use any and all input from you all.

basicly if you know of a method that would weed kill and turf build in a safe method taking account for the kids, and some what cost friendly; by all means please inform, i am all ears...eyes.

thanks
pv+

Steve
04-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Hi PV,

Welcome to our forum!

Does anyone have any advice for him as far as the safe methods to kill weeds around a daycare?

StartALawnCareBusiness
04-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Clover has a tendency to grow in areas where grass is trampled and clover grows well in the southeast.

I know this isn't exactly what you asked but it sounds like you might be able to sell your day care customer on a sport-turf or sport-sod installation job. It would be perfect in a daycare setting where the kids are playing and trampling the grass. You willl be able to make alot of money on that one job plus mowing their grass all season.

Good luck:

gonecountry
05-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Personally I don't have a chemical app. license so if a customer, requested weed killer in a big area, most likely I would sub it out to a local fertilizer company and make 10-15% off the deal myself.

Steve
05-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Personally I don't have a chemical app. license so if a customer, requested weed killer in a big area, most likely I would sub it out to a local fertilizer company and make 10-15% off the deal myself.
Do you have one company you work with for this or are there multiple companies?

Do they refer you customers too?

gonecountry
05-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Do you have one company you work with for this or are there multiple companies?

Do they refer you customers too?

I have one company that handles the fertilizing and the guy does the actual irrigation and landscape construction to who ever needs it...small town, so not many people to choose from.

Yep, it all goes hand in hand