PDA

View Full Version : customer problems

JMADEWELL09
04-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi I am from Nevada, I am 30 and have been doing yard care since I was 12, I have hired a guy to help me out this season I have around 113 yards so far this season. But I got a call from a customer yesterday complaining about my guy I hired. She did not like the way he was driving my riding mower she said he was driving it like he was in a race but I was right there doing the weedeating. I told her he wasnt going that fast but now she does not want him back on her yard she wants me and me ONLY. So what should I do should i dump the customer or not let me guy go with me on her yard?

bruces
04-24-2010, 03:11 PM
I would schedule your guy in another area for the day ,as long as the work is worth it to you .If the lady appears to be a problem,be prepared to walk away,sometimes you just cant please them .

pj7714
04-24-2010, 04:01 PM
How did your last conversation with her end? Did you agree not to bring him back? Otherwise could you get a few minutes of her time and explain you are very busy and he is needed help and you will keep a closer eye on him then just explain to him what you had to do to keep her happy?

NewLeafca
04-24-2010, 06:26 PM
If you really need his help on the job you could see if she would let him work with you as long as he was not the one on the mower. does he know how to do the other stuff? Just a thought.

picframer
04-24-2010, 08:53 PM
We pick up a lot of jobs because of this very issue, guys on ZTR's seeing how fast they can get her done, send him to another site and keep the speed down if the client is home.

mhatkins
04-24-2010, 09:50 PM
I would schedule your guy in another area for the day ,as long as the work is worth it to you .If the lady appears to be a problem,be prepared to walk away,sometimes you just cant please them .
Ah, yes, young Padawan. Some poeple just can never be satisfied, no matter what you do to try to satisfy them. Sometimes you just have to placate the customer. If the helper is doing a good job on ALL jobs including the one in question, just chalk it up to a complainer who is never happy and deal with it the best way possible that's best for you and the customer. If the customer is made to be happy, but you take a loss, then take action accordingly. If the complaints still come, then, it's a "bad customer".

kdexpd
04-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Sounds like a pretty simple answer. Keep the guy, but have him do the trimming there. Some people don't quite understand the ZTR's and how they are designed to mow at faster speeds. As long as he's not diviting the turf, and his quality of cut is right, sounds like she's just a complainer. I agree with picframer though. Seems like all the new guys, and some of the older guys too, seem to think since they have a ZTR they have to run it as fast as it'll go. They totally miss the point of doing quality work. If I caught my guys running mine as fast as they would go on any of my residential lawns, they'd be on their way to the unemployment office. Now on most of my commercial accounts, the machines can be run full bore and still do ok.